Transmission and TC lock up sequence.

MoeJr

I am trying to figure out this surging problem with my 84. I hooked my scan tool up(Snap On Modis) to the car and put it in road test mode. I watched the 4 trans values which are 3rd gear,4th gear,TCC Command and TCC Ckt apply. Here is a breakdown so you can see what I saw.

At hot idle in park values were: TCC Command=P1,TCC Ckt Apply=no
3rd Gear=P1 and 4th Gear=P1

Foot on brake and in gear values were: TCC Command=P1,TCC Ckt Apply=Yes
3rd Gear=P1 and 4th Gear=P1

Put car in gear foot off brake and take off with light throttle(this is where the cars seems like something is tugging at the engine) values were: TCC Command=P1 in 3rd gear and P2 in 4th Gear. TCC Ckt apply=no until over 45 and lift off gas a little then goes to yes and car then feels like it is running right with no noticable surging. Put your foot on the brake and TCC Ckt apply goes to yes and unless you are over 45 it will then go back to no once foot is off brake. Then the car starts having that tugging feeling until that TCC Ckt apply goes back to yes.
3rd Gear value and 4th gear value changes to P2 when the trans shifts into that gear.

I hope this makes sense to someone. I don't know how many of you have used a Snap On scanner on these cars.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Moe