Translator/Translator+ Question

Old Car Guy

I posted this on an ongoing Translator thread, but no one had anything to say about my questions. So, I'll try it again as a stand-alone thread and see if I have any better luck.

In all of the posts I've seen about the Translator+, the main thrust of the discussion seems to be about adjusting timing, rather than adjusting fuel. While I understand that, since timing adjustment is the added feature of the + over the standard Translator, I'm interested about the amount by which the fuel delivery can be adjusted, + or -, and the conditions under which the fuel delivery adjustment is operative.

Also, when reading about the timing adjustments, I get the idea that the Translator+ can adjust the chip's base timing and WOT timing separately. So under what conditions are the fuel delivery adjustments applicable? Are there separate fuel delivery settings for idle, cruise, and WOT, or what?

Thanks for any info.

I just received and installed my regular translator on Weds. so I'll try to help. You can adjust fuel either 10% rich or 10% lean at idle through cruise. Then there is a seperate setting for WOT which I haven't fiddled with yet, but also think it is 10% either way. I haven't spent much time tuning with it yet, but I should have time this weekend to try and tune it.