Translator mounting

Turbosix

Where do you guys mount your maf translators? I have mine zip tied near the air filter for the moment. (What would I do without zip ties? and duct tape for that matter?)

So, where have your guys mounted your translators? pics appreciated. Did you have ot buy their cable extension kits to make it fit decent?

no pics right now but for 25 or so dollars,it was worth it to put it inside the car nice and dry and easy to adjust.

I mounted mine on the radiator support with velcro tape, right under the headlight opening. You wont even notice it there. :)

Left side of the console near my right knee. Cover off for easy quick adjusments. ;)

Show car or weekend car that doesn't see much bad weather under the hood will work.

Had to have mine inside the car. :)

I made a mounting bracket from an old piece of aluminum siding and used the bolt that holds the washer bottle in place. It's flat on top with a 90 degree bend that acta as a support and resrs on the fender well. Drilled two holes for the translator. Painted semi gloss black after priming. The top of the translator is facing up for easy adjustments. Sorry, I don't have a way of posting any pictures.

Turbosix, I mounted mine just like yours. I am planning on relocating it when I install my heads to inside the console with my BstC.

ZIP TIES ROCK!!!!

Originally posted by Turbosix
Where do you guys mount your maf translators

I got the extension kit, and then refashioned things so that it sets on the front of the center console (used velcro).

I mounted mine (T+) where the evaporater canister used to sit.....easy access, protected, no extension cables needed etc. Just drilled one hole to secure it via one of the mounting holes in the box.....looks good/discrete sitting under my K&N:cool:

HTH