Transitional Knock...SMC button

CaPPY

Has anyone tried hitting the test button and counting... one thousand one...then flooring it (WOT)? I tried it with the Test Button and it seemed to help.

Let us know if you try it!

CaPPY, I'm new to this term of transitional knock but have suffered from it for a while now. That sounds like a decent idea. I'm up for anything after dealing with 10* of knock at launch. From what I read in other posts, that isn't a lot, but I needed to clean my pants afterwards.

throttle switch idea

I was toying with the idea of adding a simple wot switch to activate the pump before the car comes up on max boost, anybody tried something like this to get the alky flowing that little bit sooner w/o loading up the engine?

Mark
87GN

A nice tip I got from someone on the TTA list was to hit the test button before any runs you make. It'll already have it in the lines and you won't have to wait the split second it takes the pump to get to the nozzle.

After I did that, I never had knock. Before I'd always have about 5 degrees or so, then come down to 0.

I think what TTA said is a good idea. I've tried it too and didn't have any problems with transitional knock

i thought this was standard practice?
when the car is finally warmed up, ive always pushed the test button twice, just to make sure the lines are full.