trans

scottk

Ive got a rebuilt trans in my car 2000 miles on it!built by a pretty well known trans guy. I changed the converter from 2800 12 inch converter to a 10.5 pro torque 2800/3000 now the tran shifts like f###in caddy slip box. What should i look for to fix the problem? THe tv cable is new and really doesnt change the way it shifts

Start with putting a pressure gage on it. When you put it back in the converter didn't bind on the flex plate did it? Is the fluid topped off? I know thats really basic but...
Oh! make sure the TV cable is attached to the hook coming out of the case. Disconnect the TV cable from the throttle body, with the engine running pull on the cable. You should be able to hear the pump crank up the pressure and there should be more resistance in the cable the more your stretch it.

dont have a gauge to check pressure yet,the tv cable is connected and you can hear it build pressure as i pulled the cable.when i adjust the cable it has no real affect on the firmness of shift,unless the cable is adjusted all the way out!never had this happen before

A lot of times the looser converter will make the trans shift softer. Also, is the converter new? Converter could be broke.

it was used converter! Imite change the converter back to my 12 inch as it was new.Its apain in the ass to drop the trans in my beat up driveway by myself !!oh well