Trans short shifting and shifting slow, any ideas?

Steve

I bought a 60K mile WE4 a few months back with a spun rod bearing and I built a new motor for it and just got it running and now the transmission doesn't act right. It short shifts badly at WOT and the the shift is very slow. It does great at part throttle and has a nice firm shift. The transmission was rebuilt right before the motor went south so it has very few miles on it. It was built by EJ Howe of GN Restorations and they used a $676 rebuild kit from California Performance Transmission(which I believe is the original Art Carr). I adjusted the TV cable like I have been doing since the early 90's when I first got into Turbo Buicks but it still short shifts badly. The 1-2 is short but not too bad but the 2-3 is extremely short. It has a 3400 Vigilante converter and a stageright transbrake if that makes a difference. I am just looking for some ideas and a place to start. Thanks for the help.

Steve

Pull the governor and see if the spring is damaged, it can cause the symptoms you describe.

Thanks for the reply Artie. I dropped the pan and checked and the spring is still on the govenor. The spring has some traces of blue paint left so it appears to be the correct spring and it does appear to be the correct BRF governor. Thanks

Steve

same prob

my tta does the same thing in the 1-2 shift....just rebuilt...hope someone helps us here....