Trans reving high! Help

Sal Lubrano

I went for a drive today and my trans with only 10k miles on it will not shift gears until it is at 4000 rpms under a light trottle. This happened after I gave it a small push but it was not a WOT blast. It was built by Dynotech and has never been to a track. What could it be and would it be safe to drive it there? About 50 miles. Don't want damage anything if it can be repaired without a rebuild. Any suggestions? I live in Brooklyn, NY.
Sal

I forgot to mention I changed the trans fluid a few weeks ago. Could the filter pop out. Could this be a possibility? I don't smell the clutches burning like I have with other transmissions.

Filter not seated?maybe,would be an easy check.Id check that first then TV cable adjustment.Otherwise get a good tranny guy.Without pressure readings its kinda tough.

Hrmm... I think DynoTech pins the governor spring in, but maybe its floating around in the bottom of your trans pan? Maybe give Eric a call for his recommendations...

Thanks everyone. Checked the TV cable and it did not move. I am going to give eric a call tommorow. His web page does not work.

My first thought would be check for the governor spring coming out. It seldom happens, but even a pinned governor can drop the spring. The other thought is if you start having this happen exactly after you changed the filter and fluid, I would make sure you didn't scar the filter lip seal or maybe leave the old one in the pump body.

Went over to CK performance trans and Chris said I was missing second all together and I burnt the band. Had me on the road in a few hours with a rebuilt he had in the shop. Excellent person to deal with. Gets an A+++ in my book. Keep up the great work!