Trans Overheating

bayssngnrida

Okay I had my license taken for 6mos, about a month ago I let my brother take my car to the store since it's been sitting. I made the mistake of not going with him because today when I got my license back I take my baby out and right away it shoots to 220degrees, thought maybe it was my guage well I got onto the highway with no dogging my car I take it easy on her and its shoots to 300degrees I get off on the nearest exit by then 400degrees, comes down some while waiting at light. Luckily I got it home open the hood and fluid is everywhere, I'm pissed because I had suspected my disrespectful brother did something on his joyride because 1st thing he says when he gets home is "the cars slow" I laughed it off because he's jealous that I've had it for 9yrs and keep it clean, never mistreating it and really I baby the car, know it inside and out. Well I hadn't driven it that whole time and I get in and see he moved my floormat so he could go full throttle which I leave that way on purpose, so now I know it's something he's done which looks like the trans is toast.WTF! He won't even admit he moved the floormat because he knows how anal I am about my car! What are my options, figure I have to get a new trans F*CK! and then kill my brother secretly, I feel he deserves it can't be real with me to even tell me what he did. Check trans fluid and now there is none! Pls help me! Any and All suggestions welcome.

Sounds like its severly slipping if the trans is getting that hot :eek:. Time to take your brother out back and slap the chit outta him :biggrin:.

I'm with that all the way so I would need a new trans but who out here is respectable, don't want more trans probs.

We sell some from Extreme automatics GBodyParts.com Online, and a stage 2 GBodyParts.com Online . Best thing to do is call that way you get setup with the right trans and converter. Even if you dont buy from us, call around and let the builder know your goals, you dont need a race trans if your car is going to be a driver on the street most of its life.

Thanks for your reply, had my buddy who has an '84 come and take a look once we got it jacked up we found that one of the trans lines running to the cooler was loose and a lil tug pulled it right off. Put new clamps on put 5qts of trans fluid in and it hasn't got past 180*, I've driven the car 200 miles since no problems so my brother is safe.Thanks again.