Trans over revs at 1st. to 2nd shifts

gngeorge

My 2004r over revs at 1st. to 2nd gear shifts. It only happens under WOT and not during normal driving. The trans was rebuilt by a reputable tranny guy in NJ. about 3 years ago but only 1000 miles. About 2 years ago it over reved and I bent a push rod and cracked a rocker arm shaft.My friend (a good TR mechanic) fixed the motor and he discovered it was over reving. What would cause this to happen?

stock tranny?stock car?

no,not stock,30 over,ta49 turbo,front mount intercooler,headers,tranny is a rebuild from a reputable shop,up to 500 hp,pro-torque 3000 stall,I just want some ideas and opinions before I take it back to the tranny guy, I am not blaming him,I just want to go back to him and ask the right questions and get feedback from someone more knowlegable on this site than me.:)

Sounds like you have a burnt band.Pull it into manual lo and bring it up to 45 mph at wot and shift to maul 2nd.Does it slip?If yes the band is burnt.

Sounds like you have a burnt band.Pull it into manual lo and bring it up to 45 mph at wot and shift to maul 2nd.Does it slip?If yes the band is burnt.
Yes I tried that a long time ago and yes it still slips with the manual shifting.Maybe I'll bring it to your shop to check it out for me instead of going to the guy that rebuilt it for me, because you are a lot closer. Are you open on saturdays?