Trans crossmember to frame (also posted in general tech forum)

rev. 3:11

"BEHOLD! I COME QUICKLY..."
How do the trans cross member pads fit into frame?

View attachment 190648
Can't get the isolation pads/mounts to fit in the " pocket"of the frame :confused:
It looks like:
The thick, threaded pad goes in the pocket thread-side down
(pic is reversed)
View attachment 190647
then the cross-member
then thin rubber pad
But i cant get the thick pad to fit in pocket!?!
I'm dumb-assin' it at this point:confused:

TIA
Do_O

I ran into this when I first tried replacing mine. I won't tell you how long it took me to get things sorted.

You have them on right, with the "raised" portion around the pad holes going into the frame.
The deal is you need to un-bolt both sides of the crossmember (support transmission first). Don't disconnect the crossmember from the tranny mount.

Then the crossmember will be free to move around. Use a Alignment Punch if you have one, drop the pad onto the frame first and get it aligned with the holes in the frame,
then put the crossmember on top and check alignment with the holes and then finally the top mount, again checking the hole alignment.

Once you have one side lined up put the bolts in but just "start" them so they just go though the top isolator. Do the other side as described above and go ahead and full tighten the bolts.
Go back to the other side and fully tighten those once the other side is in.

I found it helpful to cleanup the frame mount area for the crossmember. Blow off any loose dirt and spray some penetrating oil then scrub that with a scuff pad or steel wool.
It will make it easier for the pads to slide around. You don't have to soak it on, just enough to do some cleaning.