Tranny ?

airwolf

Has anybody out there had any experience with TCI transmissions? Are they any good for our cars? They quoted a price of 1269 for their 2004r. They advertise it as being upgraded from stock and comes with a one year limited warranty. What do you guys think??

With the area of h/p your engine is starting to develop, you need to be thinking about as much billet as possible. See how much billet is in the trans. With what I can see in your bio, you would need a minimum of a billet input shaft, fused forward drum and l/r center support, and billet o/d planet. With the need for more if your budget would permit. You need to be looking at longivity with your rebuild so as to avoid future teardowns. Mark :D

if the tci unit has a heat treated drum it will probably hold up.it doesnt seem that you are making enough power to break their unit.no offense,just my opinion.

TCI

I've been running a TCI 200-4r in my T-Type for 5 years now and it's still taken all the abuse I give it.. :) Got it at JEGS , you keep your trans and no core charge....plus if you need it rebuilt someday, you just send to TCI and they rebuild it with all the race parts for $250.00 :) ....... They are tested at the factory after assembly........ It's built with all the "race" parts (clutches, band, shift kit, valves....etc... ) No soft shifting and easy wheel spin :D

Use the part #381000 (lock up)

Contact Greg (MeanBuicks) that posts on this forum, he works at TCI......

http://www.tciauto.com/transmissions_streetfighter.htm

:) Alan

tranny?

Thanks to all that replied. You guys gave me the info that I neded.
And to Chris718, I take no offense to your horsepower comment, that's exactly the kind of advise that I need. I don't want to spend extra money where I don't need it! Thanks again guys, I'm gonna go with the TCI unit til I can get one built next year.