Tranny starts in second heres the pressure readings

JDSfastGN

Ok I just got my transmission back together after my dad and I rebuilt it and everything is prefect exept it starts out in second gear. i went through this last rebuild when I had little metalic debree clogging my valve body. I cleaned the whole valve body peice by peice and all worked fine when I put it back on. I also cleaned the PR and Tv boost valve in the pump and made sure it was all working and not jammed up. It starts in 1st only if I'm going from park or reverse into drive, other wise it starts in second. Here are the pressure readings.

Min TV 1500 rpms
P--------80
R--------150
N--------80
OD------80
D--------80
2--------230
1--------170

Max TV 1500 rpms
P--------260
R--------220
N--------260
OD------220
D--------220
2--------220
1--------160

I have an art carr shift kit, 3 spd 200 servo, PTS pump with the bigger tv and pr boost valves. The rest is all the billet internals. It is definatly not the band being too tight, it is actually a tiny bit loser than we usually set them up. Thanks for any help or input, BTW no the PR valve is not in upside down. Thanks guys

Im also curious about the TV valve, in my manual it does not show the smaller helper spring that goes in the very back behind the valve, I had always had one in there and noticed it was not tight, so I stole one out of a spare 200 valve body. Its yellow and is a little bit stiffer, could this in anyway have an ill affect on my tv vlave and cause my 1-2 problems or is my 2-1 valve in the valve body stuck?

Do you get a second gear start with the TV cable off ? Did you have to push the TV sleeve against the spring to put the pin in?
What was the line pressure with the TV cable on and at idle?
Mine had the same problem, BTW. TV spring was too long. :)

Ok guys i dropped the valve body and I think Ive found the problem. The cylinder in the valvebody that contains the 1-2 shift vlave, low 1st detent valve etc... seems to be sticking once its pushed in a certain amount. Does this sound like a probable cause or is there more I should look for? I believe this is the problem, I have had this valve out before and it was a pain to get out, long ordeal that ended up having to get a new bushing and valve, is there any tricks to this or anyhting?

any ideas? Bruce? Chris? Mark? any other tranny gurus. Nordbert thanks for the advice i looked the tv valve and all seems well and i've used this same spring and valve before the rebuild and it worked fine

Thanks man does this sound like its probably my problem? How do my pressure readings look? it seems odd that my low 1 at max is less than low 1 at min, but the temp had increased after the 1st test im sure. Also should reverse be my highest psi? thanks

The 1st gear pressures dont look right. The 1st gear pressures should be the same as 2nd.

Thats all I know, Im not the expert.:)

I`m thinking intermediate boost valve problem. Not positive though. Maybe pull it out & have a look.

Jim

we took out the low 1st detent valve and bushing today and there was a peice of trash that was keeping it from working right, would this cause my low numbers in low 1?