Tranny oil

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
Its time for a tranny oil change, what do you guys reccomend?

I was thinking on going to synthetic. Redline? Amsoil?

Any trans filter got to watch out for?

I've always used a Delco filter with Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF. So far so good!

Jacob

Tranny fluid

synthetic is definitely the best.... however; on a standard rebuild with torque converter it takes approx a whole case of fluid to get it up to the proper range. you are really only changing about a fifth of the total fluid capacity. I would like to ask a question... when you first break-in a tranny... can you do it with synthetic?? then the problem would be solved.

can you do the initial break-in of the tranny with synthetic????

Was thinking this for the past couple of days, frequent tranny oil change will be better than leaving synthetic trans oil at a longer term oil change.

So I guess I will go with standard ATF trans oil. Which is a "better" brand to go for the tranny oil?

I have seen synthetic tranny by MOBIL1 before and that is what i was running before i started my rebuild process. i am sure they make a regular dexron 3 version. How bout some of you tranny goo roos with some insight on the issues!!!

Not being a tranny guru, I just toss in whatever is Dexron. How bad can it be? I think Bruce (WE4) has used tractor fluid. You might post this in trans tech.

Thanks!

Yes i'm set on the tractor fluid, did a search on it and many guys use it.

Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by TurboV6
Yes i'm set on the tractor fluid, did a search on it and many guys use it.

I'm using Mobile 424 also on my new tranny. The 5 miles that it has so far are good ones ..hee hee..