tranny fluid capacity

Glenn_A

Embarrassing question, but been away from the TR's for a long time....I changed out the filter, but forgot how much fluid to put back in. I bought Type "F" fluid and I know I should take into account of an extra 1/2 to 1 quart because of the 200 filter shallow filter:redface:

LOL, I never remember I just buy a case and fill it up till it's on the dipstick before I start it...Then finsh it off with it running.

Refill with at least 3 quarts. Start engine, let it idle, and check the transmission fluid level and add fluid to get the level just within the two dimples below the "Add" and "Full" marks (the crosshatched area). Try to check the fluid on the same level surface each time you check it. Cycle the transmission shift lever from park to reverse to drive to reverse to park a few times. This will help get the fluid through all circuits. Recheck and add fluid to get it within the two dimples while it is "Cool" (65-85 degrees F). The transmission fluid will expand as it heats up, "Warm" should get the fluid in the lower 1/2 of the area between "Add" & "Full" and Hot (190-200 degrees F) will get it in the upper 1/2 of the area between "Add" & "Full" marks. Test drive and warm the transmission and recheck. Recheck over the next few times you drive.

Got this from GNTTYPE.ORG ;)

Mine took about 7 quarts. I have the pan extension (to use a 700R4 filter) with a stock 200R4 pan and let it drain over night.

Craig

Mine took about 7 quarts. I have the pan extension (to use a 700R4 filter) with a stock 200R4 pan and let it drain over night.

Craig
that' about right...i know this because i took it for a 20 min drive without any oil in it and it took 6 quarts after i limped it back home:redface: ...want to hear more...lol