Tranny doesnt go into overdrive until 60 mph, is that normal and can it be lowered?

2kSSLS1

Just not too happy that overdrive is so high and I wanted to know if it can be lowered. Also, 1st to 2nd is spread out ok, but 2nd to 3rd is kinda quick. Is there a way to spread out the 2nd to 3rd shift and lower the overdrive kickin? Thanks.

after verifying proper tv cable adjustment check to make sure that you only get a wot 2/1 kickdown in manual second at 15 mphour .if it comes in too early suggest a sticking tv valve,tv limit valve ,tv upshift valve,or 3/4 shift valve train problem.make absolutely certain you have a br,bq, cz,or cq valve body with the matching governor or itll never be right.

How do I know if I have proper cable adjustment? Also, I dont understand what you mean by this:

"check to make sure that you only get a wot 2/1 kickdown in manual second at 15 mphour"

As to TV adjustment, perhaps this site will help: (esp. the three part TV101). http://www.tvmadeez.com/

I'll try & translate the Tranese sentence, but I don't speak it too well myself... I think Chris wants you to verify that you don't get a Wide Open Throttle kickdown from second gear to first gear above 15MPH when your gear selector is in "2" (manual second gear, I assume that is "2"- I don't have a GN).

HTH

if all shift are on time except for the 3/4 ,clip 2 coils off the 3/4 shift spring.this will lower ther road speed that must be reached to get a 3/4 ratio change.

I have no clue what youre talking about...lol. I had Mike Kurtz at Century Transmission build it. I dont know a thing about trannys.

if you want to fix it we have to either make a decision that you will attempt it yourself as per my instructions ,or go to a trans shop and if they cant get anywhere i will help them.