tranmission???

charleslong

Hello guys,
Well my first gear is finally slipping enough for me to not want to drive the car.
I guess I have finally faced the fact that I will have to either get it rebuilt or buy a new one. What do you guys recommend that I do about a transmission, considering my present modifications?
Thanks
Charles

Also the transmission rebuild quote I got was 1400 and something. Do you guys think I should do this, or just go a head and get a new one? How much are new transmissions? Also, what are the good places to get transmissions? It would be great if I could get a deal somewhere, but if not, I will just park the GN until I can afford a rebuild.

Charles, that price is very low, but what are they going to do for that price? The other thing is we would need to know more about your car, intended use, and how much racing you do. As far as a break, Bruce does give active military a price break due to his support for our troups. Give us a call and we will see what we can do for you. Thanks, Mark

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
Charles, that price is very low, but what are they going to do for that price? The other thing is we would need to know more about your car, intended use, and how much racing you do. As far as a break, Bruce does give active military a price break due to his support for our troups. Give us a call and we will see what we can do for you. Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark
He was going to do a rebuild and as far as racing is concerned, im not really a racer. I want something to hold up under wot with the mods I have and my future mods. I have never taken my car to the track, but once it is fixed, I would like to know what I can run. Also, thanks for any kind of a military discount. We really dont make that much, especially when you are in your first few years. There is one autozone in town that does give military a discount. This is the only autozone I go to b/c the others dont offer it, and the only parts store I will go to. Plus the people are really nice too.
Thanks
Charles

Careful!

I had mine rebuilt 3 times for a low price, cost me over 3 grand in the end. I finally saw the light and ordered one from PTS, haven't had ANY problems since. If you don't have to money to get it done correctly, just keep saving, its alot easier to do it once than 2 or 3 times!

Dave

Originally posted by charleslong
Also, thanks for any kind of a military discount. We really dont make that much, especially when you are in your first few years.

Amen, Brother...I was unaware that PTS had a Military discount...Just out of curiousity (cuz I know I'll need a tranny done sometime) how much is it??

Our military discount is dependant upon what build you are getting and any add on components. Those levels are set by Bruce. Give us a call and I can have him speak with you and then we can better tell you what we can and can't do for you concerning a break for being selfless and serving to protect our lives on a daily basis. As always, we are forever indebted to you guys and do appreciate all you have done and will be asked to do in the future. Mark

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
Our military discount is dependant upon what build you are getting and any add on components. Those levels are set by Bruce. Give us a call and I can have him speak with you and then we can better tell you what we can and can't do for you concerning a break for being selfless and serving to protect our lives on a daily basis. As always, we are forever indebted to you guys and do appreciate all you have done and will be asked to do in the future. Mark
Thanks guys