Trailer questions

WH1_T-Type

Coming back to the States soon and am going to be picking my Buick up at my dads. Not gonna drive it from MO to VA so I will need a trailer. I got it there with a U-haul unit but I think I would rather buy my own this time. A big issue I had with the U-haul trailer though was that I couldn't get the drivers side door open because the wheel well on the trailer was so tall. What can be done about that?

Can anyone recommend a decent entry level open trailer company? I saw a post from Dennis Kirban about econo trailer but it seemed like I would have the same trouble getting in and out with that brand

Thanks for any advice!!

On the Uhaul trailer the fender on the driver side will flip down for you to open the door. I just rent one to haul back a GN with no problem

When I needed to rent one I just got the flat one, it didn't come from u haul but I'm sure someone one here will know what im referring to and chime in. The sides on this one also flipped down the u haul I rented at first didn't and the subframe on my Camaro was hitting those guide rails that's in the center that's why I went with the flat style from the local rent all company, IMO they are alot better than the u haul trailers and are cheaper to rent but that's just my experience

I've hauled mine with a uhaul several times. All of the new trailers are light aluminum and have the drivers side flip down fender.

whats your price range? i bought mine new from a local builder who based his prices off steel prices... then factored in labor and i think it totalled less than 3 grand .. cant really remember it was 9 or so years ago.

Used open trailers can be had fairly cheap in some regards...troll craigslist and good luck!.

If you rent one it will work as mentioned above.\
To buy a new probably around $2500-$3000 depending on size, etc. Go talk to a couple of local dealers.

I had considered getting a trailer til I saw how inexpensive it was to rent from uhaul.

Coming back to the States soon and am going to be picking my Buick up at my dads. Not gonna drive it from MO to VA so I will need a trailer. I got it there with a U-haul unit but I think I would rather buy my own this time. A big issue I had with the U-haul trailer though was that I couldn't get the drivers side door open because the wheel well on the trailer was so tall. What can be done about that?

Can anyone recommend a decent entry level open trailer company? I saw a post from Dennis Kirban about econo trailer but it seemed like I would have the same trouble getting in and out with that brand

Thanks for any advice!!
i made 2 2x12 and bolted the to the trailer floor,to drive the car on so my door opens. i made them adout 3 feet long and slightly notched the end similar to a step. it works fine,been that way for 10 years