TR engine in Fiero?

Donniejr81

Has anyone put a hot air engine in a Pontiac Fiero and keep the car somewhat stock looking (no hood scoops)? Its an idea of my Dad's and any input would help. Thanks.

We were at the CAR CRAFT NATS. in Sant Paul MN this July and there was a maroon Feiro there with 231 with an eaten blower. It was set up very well and ran good too. He tryed out for the burn out contest but it cept pushing the stop blocks out cause to much traction with the engine over the rear tires. Every thing fit under the hood no scoops looked stock other than the 17" rims.

I'm working on one for a Century, which has same transverse engine. Will fit in space under hood w/o scoop or other outward modifications. It will not be hotair; intercooler will be used for sure!

The transverse engines had a different bellhousing than the RWD engines.

I'm on the second turbo engine for this car. First was a draw-through turbo from a 1979 Riviera. It failed from sludge in the oil pan.

Current one is a badass 1987 roller-cam 3.8 SFI. It will be intercooled and has a 3-BAR speed density ECM.

I started with a FWD transverse block each time, so there is no adapter plate needed on the engine.

If you want you can See my Car Domain page on this car.

What year is the engine you are considering using?

David

my friend here iin boise has a fiero with an gn motor in it all under the hood......he is on turbo buicks dot com in the hybrid section

There's a guy named Darth that has one. If do swap reading in Fiero forums he has other Fiero swaps he's done. The S/C 3800 swap is easier to do. I have a friend doing one right now. His biggest issue is the wiring harness. There is guy in Texas that does them but he screwed my friend for over $1k for parts and he still doesn't have the harness after 2 years.

being a die hard gm fan means all gm,i love ponty i have a 79 t/a and ive seen in h.p.p mag fieros with small and big blocks inthem. so in my opinion it will be hard but not impossible.on this site and other turbobuick sites dune buggies to volvos to porshe and musclecars with the lc2 drivetrian in em.

fiero

There is one in Fort Myers Fl. When I see the guy at a car show, I will get his contact info.

I'm working on a similar swap. I'm using a 3.8 FWD mated to the Fiero 4 speed Muncie. Same bolt pattern just need to figure out which flywheel I can use. It's going into an 84 Fiero. Mounts should be easy. I will be going SFI for a while and then eventially turbo. I will be making notes as I go so I will post as I have some progress. Currently I'm in the process of gathering parts. I have the engine and 2 fieros already.

I was in the process of getting a FWD turbo engine ready to install in my 86 Fiero but I never finished it. You can see the "test mule" running here...

cutlasscierawagon