TR Custom Parts "Get Back Seat Brackets"

SpeedRacerX

Today, I installed the Get Back Seat Brackets from TR Custom Parts. These move the seat back up to 2 inches. Was a fairly easy install - about an hour.

The brackets work great. I'm 6' 1" and I always felt too close to the steering wheel. I have much more legroom now. Worthwhile mod to be comfortable while driving.

Do they bolt right in factory spots? Any modifications needed to install? I'd be interested in those. I feel to close to the dash and I'm short.

Unfortunately I am sold out at the moment. Have to find some time to make up a new batch. Hopefully by mid June. No mods needed except for the drilling of two holes which is optional.

Last edited:
As Mark said, optional. I drilled the two holes just for added insurance. Used a cheap step drill bit from AutoZone. So simple and the new brackets make it easy to place the optional holes. I spent an hour on this job because a) I've never taken a seat out of a car before and b) I'm borderline OCD with my cars so I triple checked everything ;) I could do the next install in 30 minutes or less.

Between the seat back brackets and the center console I added, I feel very comfortable in the car now.

I'd like a set also so keep us posted because when the next batch is made I'm placing an order!

I'll have to say Mark came up with this excellent idea. Nice to have one on here who has such creative ingenuity. Such a true asset to this forum...I've seen this bracket set and it's an excellent, well made product.......If I had just HALF of this man's talent, I'd be a millionaire. And I'll say again, as I've said about 1,000 times on here, it was Mark who's idea I got from to install Torque Thrust IIs on my '87 GN. His was the first I ever saw with these wheels and I was blown away by it.......he helped me with size selection and backspacing.....and even to this day, they are the only wheels I'll EVER have on my GN....they just go with them perfect! Oops! Sorry! Getting way off topic here.:oops:

Bruce '87 Grand National

I got the idea from something I saw for a different car and made my own design to fit our cars. So you are saying I should be a MULTI millionaire? :wacky: What am I doing wrong? As far as the torque thrusts, I had to get rid of mine because just about every car around here in CT has them now. Actually remember someone sending me a nasty email when I first put them on my GN saying I should never put wheels like that on a GN. They are only an old school wheel!

i wish someone would make seat tracks that lower the stock seats about an inch or so. i'm not exactly tall, but my head rubs up against the headliner in my Regal.

i wish someone would make seat tracks that lower the stock seats about an inch or so. i'm not exactly tall, but my head rubs up against the headliner in my Regal.

Same here. Totally agree especially since mine sags right now. Lol.

I SOOOOO agree with this. I have lear Siegler seats with a TTOP and I swear my head sticks out of the top of the car. I get into my Cutlass....nothing like that...have some room, even with a moonroof.

I got the idea from something I saw for a different car and made my own design to fit our cars. So you are saying I should be a MULTI millionaire? :wacky: What am I doing wrong? As far as the torque thrusts, I had to get rid of mine because just about every car around here in CT has them now. Actually remember someone sending me a nasty email when I first put them on my GN saying I should never put wheels like that on a GN. They are only an old school wheel!

Right, Mark..."multi-millionaire.";):D You're one creative guy. Such a big help to everyone here on the forum. Must be nice to be popular due to intelligence....unlike me.:rolleyes::geek:

Just can't believe that nasty e-mail about the wheels.....who died and left them in charge? Too bad you got rid of yours, but as for me, thanks to seeing how your GN looked with them, I'd do it no other way...I had my brother's '71 Cuda stored in my garage....talked him into getting Torque Thrust IIs...kept looking at it next to my GN every day, with those beautiful wheels....then I saw yours, so I took one of my brother's Torque Thrusts off of his Cuda, and place it next to my GN....INSTANT LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT! So, I ordered a set! Been in love with them ever since....the Torque Thrust Ds I've loved since I was a kid...always thought it would be so cool to have a set polished.

I'm stepping up soon to 16" fully polished Torque Thrust IIs...going from my 15x7s to 16x8s like the GNX wheels. Just want bigger wheels but not too showy....just like a little larger set.

You wouldn't know the backspacing for the 16x8s Torque Thrust IIs, would you? I need to know to stay away from any clearance problems. I've always loved the proportional way of the 16x8s on the GN. Looks just right, and I can get more rubber on the ground. (Wider tires)

Anyway, sorry you had to get rid of yours.....I'm a Torque Thrust II guy forever.....never get tired of looking at them......they REALLY set the GN off beautifully. If anyone doesn't like them on my GN, well they can kiss my royal ass, and I wouldn't hesitate to tell them that one bit. It's all about personal taste and what makes one happy.......so I owe it to you, Mark. I've never regretted it.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Alright!! Looks like several people over 6' need extra space. That might help since more than one set will be made. These combined with the armrest I got from you a couple of months ago will make my gn comfortable!!

Making them up now! Only doing 8 sets at a time and two are spoken for. Look to be shipping towards end of this week.

I already paid for a set! Now if you can just come up with a better lower seat cushion..... The stock cushion kills me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will these work for the split bench? I need a set. what can u make a set for 3inch back?