tps install problem!

pawpz

installed a new tps from Standard and now my idle is at 2000rpm. what did i do wrong????:confused:

:confused: i dont have a scanmaster..i was having idle problems and thought it was the tps sensor witch i think it is.do i NEED a scan master?

pawpz;1970194do i NEED a scan master?[/QUOTE said:
YES!!!!!!... or a scan tool of some sort... That said, the tps can be set with a voltmeter, and the iac can be set manually also. This is but the first of many times (always, really) you need a scan tool, and you are just prolonging your misery without one. Seriously, the first money you should spend on a TR. Here's the procedure(s) from Turbo Regal Web Site. I would highly advise you do some reading of the technical articles there, as time permits.... :)

Adjusting the TPS and
IAC Reset Procedure

Do the tps adjustment first, and don't mess with the iac if you don't have too. That (no-scan-tool) iac procedure is a pain in the a$$, and it's hard to keep the car running at 500 rpm. If you had a scantool, you could just do this one: IAC Reset Procedure - much easier.

FWIW, idle problems are rarely caused by a faulty tps sensor... it's not a common part to fail.... like I said, do some reading at gnttype.... and here :smile: