Tow bar hook up

lazaris

Anyone using a tow bar that doesnt attach to the front bumper? How are you doing it? Something that be used to attach it to the frame or chassis? Thanks

Did you ever find out how to mount the tow bar? I once saw a bracket that went underneath the front bumper and a hook that slide in that to allow the GN to be towed, but now I cant find that listing anywhere.

Originally posted by lazaris
Anyone using a tow bar that doesnt attach to the front bumper? How are you doing it? Something that be used to attach it to the frame or chassis? Thanks

Ralph,

Are you just talking about something to use to winch the car onto a trailer, or maybe get towed in the pits? I am planning to do something like that on my car, with rings that will double as tie-down points on the bottom of the front frame rails. Then some sort of V-shaped bar that will hook to the rings, bend to go below the bumper, and bend back up to a center ring for a tow strap/winch point. When I figure something out, I'll take pics...

That is excatly what I want to do. I remember a few weeks I saw a bracket that bolted or weled to the frame that sat just barly below the air dam. Then there was this little hook and loop that secrued in the bracket to allow towing. The little piece just clipped in somehow and when not in use it could go in the glovebox or where ever. It was pretty neat cause it looked factory and was hard to see unless you laid down and looked in the right spot. I will continue to search for the bracket and let you know if I find it.

Kendall, jpratt,

I did have something made. Its for towing the car. I dont have a place for a trailer currently so I had to do this for now. I actually came out really nice. Ill get some pics of it. Round tube about 4" long welded to each front frame rail reinforced with 2 gussets per side. Then this piece made from round tubing slides into the the 4" tubes and pinned in place. It comes up from under the car and the tow tabs are welded to it. Kinda looks like a push bar.