Totalled a Buick.... walked away

Shane

Well if any of you are looking for a good new family car, I can highly recommend the Buick Rendevous.

The other day I was on I-10 in Phoenix when some clown cut out of the HOV lane with no signal and then stomped on the brakes. I followed suit and layed on my brakes and stopped just short of hitting him.

The illegal behind me didn't quite stop in time. He hit me, then got out of the car and took off running. I'm just assuming he was an illegal as the passenger slid to the drivers seat and insisted that he was driving despite the fact that I saw the a**hole running by.

The cops estimated that he was going about 60mph when he hit me, and I got away with no whiplash just sprained muscles in my neck.

Sooo.... if you have the means, and you have a family get a Buick Rendevous. Mine was just a rental and the AmEx insurance is gonna pick up the car.

Did the other guy get locked up?

The guy that slid behind the wheel should have been locked up if he tried to say to the police that he was driving. Im sure that guy was just like the tens of thousands that were marching for their rights recently all over the country. They all claim that they are law abiding citizens, but a large number drive drunk without a license and insurance and cause similar accidents, then just run away. They only want certain laws to be applied to them,---the ones that benefit them only. And before any liberals start criticising these comments, yes I realize that any race could be drunk, cause an accident and flee the scene, and never bother to obtain a license, but lets just say it did notshock me to read that Shane thought he was illegal.

BigDaddy said:
........just out of curiousity, what is a HOV lane ?

HOV = High Occupancy vehicle, in other words it's a carpool lane.

David

Brer Rabbit said:
The guy that slid behind the wheel should have been locked up if he tried to say to the police that he was driving. <SNIP> And before any liberals start criticising these comments, yes I realize that any race could be drunk, cause an accident and flee the scene, and never bother to obtain a license, but lets just say it did notshock me to read that Shane thought he was illegal.

Well I suppose I'm just as guilty as he is in the long run. When the Phoenix PD showed up I didn't say anything. We were kinda in a bad area of town, they had me outnumbered three to one (not counting the missing guy), I had no idea how long until the tow truck would show, and I knew the PD was gonna give them that sheet with my info on it. So no, he didn't get locked up because I didn't say anything.

And although I paint myself as a liberal I think it's just plain logic if a Mexican guy in Phoenix takes off running after an accident that he's either an illegal or a fugitive. The PPD said the same thing you said Brer, that most of the times these accidents are just illegals with no insurance. I probably should have said something I suppose.

glad to hear your o.k., but remember an accident like this, it might take a couple of days before you feel the impact on your neck and back, the reason why i'm telling you is because i was also crashed from behind and thought everything was fine but 2- days later i could'nt even walk, not to scare you but keep it in mind, i hope you come out of this ok.