Totaled GNX Recreation

Brutal Buick

Hey everyone ... I remember seeing a thread here quite some time ago about the guys who took a totaled GNX and swapped the parts (including the VIN) into a regular GN. If I remember correctly they sold it as a real GNX on Ebay for some crazy $$. I've been searching for the thread but have come up empty. Does anyone have it?? TIA

Jamie

Sounds like someone got scammed, unless they disclosed it was a run-of-the-mill Regal cloned with parts from a GNX, which I'm sure they passed it off as the real Mc Coy.

If the reconstruction job was done correctly, then SO WHAT ? I never cared about the "matching numbers" craze and never will. It's still a nice GNX to me and if I was in the market for one, I'd certainly look at it!...Of course the price has to be lower but altogether, it is still a beautiful car! I'm not a car collector...and couldn't care less if the car was a regular GN in the past...Let's not forget that all GNX's were built from regular GN's! Also, for me, a GN is not a "regular" car to begin with. These cars are 21 years old now and I expect some of them having a "story" about them, unless they were put in a museum since when they rolled out of the factory. I know of a lot of guys including me that would be more than happy to own this GNX even with it's past history...

Claude:smile:

If the reconstruction job was done correctly, then SO WHAT ? I never cared about the "matching numbers" craze and never will. It's still a nice GNX to me and if I was in the market for one, I'd certainly look at it!...Of course the price has to be lower but altogether, it is still a beautiful car! I'm not a car collector...and couldn't care less if the car was a regular GN in the past...Let's not forget that all GNX's were built from regular GN's! Also, for me, a GN is not a "regular" car to begin with. These cars are 21 years old now and I expect some of them having a "story" about them, unless they were put in a museum since when they rolled out of the factory. I know of a lot of guys including me that would be more than happy to own this GNX even with it's past history...

Here's one guy that wouldn't touch that car with a 10' pole! I don't care how it was rebuilt it will still have the salvaged title history with the car. If you just wanted to buy it and drive it just to say you had a GNX, then OK I guess. But most of us I think still like knowing that if we ever have to sell our cars, we can........I think trying to sell any car with a salvaged title history is difficult to do.........

A rusty quarter, perhaps. A fender bender, okay. Twisted around a tree and transferred to another car completely by Bubba, Billy Bob, and Joe Jim are quite a different story altogether. I'd buy that car, for the price of a nice Grand National and not a penny more. I'd go as far as saying this isn't a GNX anymore, it's a clone with real GNX parts.

"most of us I think still like knowing that if we ever have to sell our cars, we can"........I think trying to sell any car with a salvaged title history is difficult to do.........

No. I did not buy my GN (brand new back in '87) as an investment. I bought it because I liked it, and most important TO ENJOY IT. :wink: I don't care how much it will be worth if I ever sell it...When looking back, I'll be able to say that it was a great, fun car...but not an investment.
If I want to invest, I'll go with the stock market...:rolleyes:

Claude :smile:

I get what you are saying, but it's a non ASC converted GNX at the same time, with some scandal attached to it as well. :cool:

Yeah I know...but I guess it DOES matter to some and NOT to others...I fall into the second category... :wink: :biggrin:

Claude:biggrin:

No. I did not buy my GN (brand new back in '87) as an investment. I bought it because I liked it, and most important TO ENJOY IT. :wink: I don't care how much it will be worth if I ever sell it...When looking back, I'll be able to say that it was a great, fun car...but not an investment.
If I want to invest, I'll go with the stock market...:rolleyes:

Claude :smile:

Rolleyes back at you...you are misquoting me. I never used the word "investment", so get your facts straight. I said "resell" it if we ever had to, meaning at least get a comparable value to what we paid. And since you don't care what the value is I will offer you $5.00 for your car, now tell me you don't care what the value of it is........ :cool: