Tornados roll through Oklahoma

XRated

Is that a Monte Carlo?
Well, today tornados came through central Oklahoma and hit my Dad's shop building where my cars were stored.

These are my GNX and a factory GNX wheel. It broke out the back window filled the inside with dirt and debris and dented about every panel on the car. Other cars affected are an 67k mile '69 Sportwagon was original paint (every panel is dented on this too), 1957 Chevy Panel truck with 40k original miles, 1968 Chevelle SS396 L78, and a 1970 GS350. Most of the shop landed on top of the GS. Luckily my Dad's GNX was at my brother in laws shop and was unharmed.

Tornado pics

Also lost were several nos hoods, 84 and 87 grilles, and hood pads for hot air and intercooled cars.

Attachments

• Copy of Copy of DSC_0306.JPG
    Copy of Copy of DSC_0306.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 779
  • Copy of Copy of DSC_0315.JPG
    Copy of Copy of DSC_0315.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 774
So sorry about the tornado. I hope everyone was ok around your area. Good luck on your cars they are really nice im sure you will be able to repair them. John

Sorry to see that. At least you're alive to take the pictures though. Tornado's scare the crap out me. I couldn't live where they are common.
My aunt lives in Edmound, she got lucky, no damage.

Wow-- I'm stunned and so sorry to see that-- esp the X. But in the end, what's important is you and your family. Cars can always be repaired.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone out there. Good luck!

Wow

even my wife was shocked at the pics.
Glad you and your family are ok,
how many GNX owners can tell this kinda war story?
again glad all are ok,
my best wishes to you.

I am glad you and your family are ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our house was a direct hit by an F-4 or F-5 last May, it took my Turbo-T over a 1/4 of a mile from the house. You find out pretty fast if you have GOOD insurance or not mine took very good care of me I hope your's does the same.

Our prayers are with all of those who where hit by the storm.

Wayne,Lettie,and Lannum Litherland

Sheetmetal is an easy fix compared to the alternative... glad to hear you folks are ok! If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

In OKC on business can't believe the change in weather, Ice storms then tornados and now it is just darn cold... sorry about your losses

I was about to ask why they were stored outside... then I noticed that your Building is GONE....

Glad you survived to tell the tale....

Please post pics when the X is repaired

Brandon, that really sucks man. I hope you get it fixed back up before Noble. I always enjoy checking out you and your dad's cars up there every year.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's all fixable, but I just didn't want to paint it now.

Where are the other GNX wheels?

The other wheels didn't blow away and are fine. Unlike my '68 Chevelle hood, found 1/2 mile away.

I hope to get the car ready by the shootout, because I can't stand to see it the way it is now. I'll try to get some close ups of the damage on my Picasa page this weekend.

Thanks again,

Attachments

• Copy of DSC_0006.JPG
    Copy of DSC_0006.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 257
Man, I am so sorry about everything. Glad you and the Family are ok. I know that does not take your mind off what did get torn up. If you need chat with anyone just PM me. I know you will get everything back to new in no time.:frown:

Insurance

Well, today tornados came through central Oklahoma and hit my Dad's shop building where my cars were stored.

These are my GNX and a factory GNX wheel. It broke out the back window filled the inside with dirt and debris and dented about every panel on the car. Other cars affected are an 67k mile '69 Sportwagon was original paint (every panel is dented on this too), 1957 Chevy Panel truck with 40k original miles, 1968 Chevelle SS396 L78, and a 1970 GS350. Most of the shop landed on top of the GS. Luckily my Dad's GNX was at my brother in laws shop and was unharmed.

Tornado pics

Also lost were several nos hoods, 84 and 87 grilles, and hood pads for hot air and intercooled cars.

Just Curious what Insurance company do you have & did they give you a hard time ?