Top ten engines in the world announced

I was kind of hoping for "...of all time." I have the Dec. '97 Car Craft list of top ten muscle cars of all time framed and on the wall here in my office....it dares anyone to argue with me.

Number 1: 1970 Buick GSX
Number2: 1987 Buick Grand National

...after that, well- who cares........

I agree....:D

Originally posted by 1970gsx

I agree....:D
It would appear from your signature that you do! Damn, God smiled upon you, didn't he!?:D ;)

Originally posted by DCEPTCN

Make it unanimous!:D

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
Geez, I guess a 405HP v-8 that gets 30mpg must suck then?:confused:

i know that article is a little biased towards import motors i noticed...what a bunch of crap

the new HEMI is overrated anyways...my buddy works at a dodge dealership and he says people are always bringing in their hemi-powered vehicles in for repairs and they say the motors are garbage...just what i heard

Originally posted by DCEPTCN

yeah...aaahh...let's see here...

1:viper gts
2:zo6
3:'03 mustang cobra
4:'02 z28 ss

i'd say all these cars handily trounce anything on your list...

Lets see..........02 Z28SS-$32,000
03 SVT Cobra-$35,000
03 Z06-$45,000
02 Viper GTS-$85,000

86 Grand National-$4700................Now let me spend the difference and we'll see who trounces who...........:cool:

Lets see..........02 Z28SS-$32,000
03 SVT Cobra-$35,000
03 Z06-$45,000
02 Viper GTS-$85,000

"86 Grand National-$4700................Now let me spend the difference and we'll see who trounces who..........."

damn it. stock for stock. i hate it when people pull this ish.

ill put a blown big block on nitrous in a chevette and see whats up.

even more rant....

how bout the new sl500 amg or the gt2 or the v10 twin turbo bugatti. i swear im going to flip out...hehehe

It's refreshing to see that the Vortec I-6 made it in the lineup. That motor's got some crazy potential if anyone had the brains & funds to throw a big-azz turbo on it...

I know we are talking "speed" here. But my GN seats four and the z06 and viper only seat 2. I can run with (and have) and maybe beat a z06 on the street.

I did read in last months motor trend about the 10 second viper that comes with a two year warranty, ouch.

I have seen the engines on the super charged cobra r, and it is VERY impressive. I still wouldn't want to drive a "me to" car.

Back to engines, how about that 10 cylinder deisel VW tourage puttin' out over 500 lb/ft tourge?

Originally posted by jsta6

Back to engines, how about that 10 cylinder deisel VW tourage puttin' out over 500 lb/ft tourge?

the cummins is a inline 6 and puts out 305 horse and 555 torque!!:D
add a simple $400.00 box and that puts it at 375 horse and 755 torque:cool:

LOVE MY CUMMINS
BW

My GN cost 18 change new in 1987 car dollars. Thats about $40k today. The title is about engines....not cars and as he mentioned above, all those engines stock, beat the stock GN and GSX motors stock and as I pointed out, the LS6 gets 50% better gas milage and over 100hp more.