Took my car to the track yesterday 4 kills

onefastjackass

Took my car to test and tune yesterday Ran 4 times and won all four.

Was leaving at 15 lbs boost.

Kill #1 a s10 with a small block and a cam. by 1/4 second(I was trying to get a tune on the car)

Kill #2 Beat an olds 442 with a 396.By one second ran a poor 13 somthing due to leaving the car in 1st gear then it coughed at about 6000 rpms and set off the check engine light.I let off the gas shifted and got back on it and ran a 102 mph .

Kill #3 An old late 60's early 70's nova with slicks and writing on the window that said 12.99 try me.He had a big cam and loud exhaust.So I did!!I Brake boosted to 15 lbs and let her loose spun the tires for about 10 feet then she grabbed and I was gone.Ran a more respectable 12.49 at 109.23 mph.To beat his 14.33.

I wounder what happened to 12.99 try me LOL.
Even if he had he still would have lost!!

Kill #4 Kid In a 80's mustang with big cam loud exhaust etc.
He wouldn't even look at me in the staging lanes.
Then I found out why.
I did another 15 psi launch spun the tires again and was at the end about the time he was half way down the track. I ran a 12.25 at 110.30 to his 15.48 at 91.46 mph.

All in all it was a great time got to talk to some nice people and look at some nice cars. I would recomend it to anyone.No matter how fast youre car is.

I saw people in goe metro's that were having a great time.So you could also.

Now to work on that reaction time and get the tires to hook better.

Of course when I get them to hook better they will then ask me to leave (No roll bar)
Thanks for reading Kevin

I don't have a bar.Most tracks around here don't care except the 1/4 mile track.Your car is running pretty good it seems.11s are not too hard to reach from where you are now.

From talking to the regulars from what I hear this one will.

I don't know of any 1/8 miles ones near by.
I here another 1/4 mile one a little farther away doesn't care unless you are in the low 11's high tens.

But this one is only 20 min away.I guess I will just keep on going local until they give me the boot.

Or I could just work on my 1/8 et and let up after the 1/8.
But it's so hard to do with all that track ahead of you and a good running car. :D

Nice safe kills. I love test and tune night - it's more of a social event than serious tuning or racing.

Royal, how is Colorado these days? I'm lost here in Missouri. No street scene AT ALL here in Lebanon, MO. Nearest track is Rogersville, which is 40-50 miles away... I miss Colorado Springs' cruise nights--every Saturday! Ah well.
TR is running strong though. I replaced the old Cheetah Stage III with a new TE-44. Put in a new trans with a 2800 stall convertor. Only race I've had was in my '90 Dodge Dakota 125hp 3.9L six-banger. Guy in an old 4-banger S-10 wanted to try it on a two-lane back road. I took him... 90+mph in the Dak on the long straight. No Buick races though. Sigh.
TB-Racer (Keith)

To be honest, I have no clue to the street scene. I went crusing last Saturday night looking for something and all I did was burn 6 gallons of 100 UL. :(

Originally posted by kjhansen
Royal, how is Colorado these days? I'm lost here in Missouri. No street scene AT ALL here in Lebanon, MO. Nearest track is Rogersville, which is 40-50 miles away... I miss Colorado Springs' cruise nights--every Saturday! Ah well.
TR is running strong though. I replaced the old Cheetah Stage III with a new TE-44. Put in a new trans with a 2800 stall convertor. Only race I've had was in my '90 Dodge Dakota 125hp 3.9L six-banger. Guy in an old 4-banger S-10 wanted to try it on a two-lane back road. I took him... 90+mph in the Dak on the long straight. No Buick races though. Sigh.
TB-Racer (Keith)
How far is Lebanon from St. Louis? I go to Gateway International on Tuesdays and it would be nice to see some more Turbo buicks, very rare there.