Too much fuel pressure

Justin85

So, recently my car decided to throw the next hurdle at me.. haha

I've been driving the new rebuild for almost 1500 km's now no problems the motor is rock solid.. But the good old fuel system decided to throw some problems.

So here is what has happened.. recently I noticed the FP leaking down after I turned the key. Everything is brand new the injectors the Regulator aswell as the fuel pump now.. I even replaced the fuel sending unit with a new 340 kit from racetronix. The problem I'm facing now is very stupid.. The car builds basically 50 Fuel pressure line on or line off.. before when the car was acting up with the old sending unit and pump it was still perfectly set at 38.. now with no changes but the new pump it wont get anything less then 50 regardless of the screw on the regulator.. plus the fuel system still seems to leak down.. I'm wondering if maybe some how I mixed up the return and vent could this cause the problem of the pressure because the car is getting 50 with the screw basically closed where the car should not get any pressure.? But what I don't understand is where is the leak down happening maybe Acufab is crap.. I've heard quite a slew of problems with them.. If anyone has faced a similar situation let me know what you did.

I suspect you pinched the fuel return hose when you swapped the pump...or it may have collapsed. I've run an Accufab AFPR on my car for years...with zero issues.

With the 340 you may have to go to a larger return line to keep the pressure in check.

I agree with the Larger return line... But also a defective Acufab regulator didn't help... I put on the old 80's style adjustable regulator I had and I had zero leak down and my idle pressure is now down to about 40-41 ,which I can live with for now. Soon I may go to a braided return line.

So you are saying that changing your fuel pressure regulator fixed the issue with too high fuel pressure? I am curious as I may try this before I change out my line. What regulator did you use? I suspected my Kirbans adj. fuel pressure regulator, but never was able to prove it.

I had that problem, ran a new return line and it's good now.

The Regulator did not solve the high fuel pressure but it resolved the Leak down issue from the brand new Acufab FP regulator.. I've read far too many threads about the quality of Acufab now.. Example http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/defective-accufab-fpr-fixed-w-pics.398782/

I still need to run a larger return line but for now I can drive the car it's just harder on gas... my FP settles to about 43 once the car warms up thats line on. so its still to high and too much pressure. Maybe look to this for a decent solution http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...N Braided Return Line on Buick Grand National

I just replaced my Fuel pump w/ 340 & sending unit this week still need to throw gas in it and fire the car up. I run a billion year old Kenny Bell regulator in mine. The differance is I eliminated the restriction down by the frame rail where the return line goes down to 3/16" I want to see how this goes. I run a Kirbans FPR in my other car and it has never given me any problems. If your replacing the acufab that is your best bet.