Tony Gomes ..... 8.53@164mph!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeHorvith

Just got off the phone with Tony Gomes.... He told me he went a best of 8.53@164mph...... So Tony has raised the bar on high performance with a stock suspension, all steel Gn with only fiberglass front and rear bumpers..... He also ran two other runs in the 8.5's and a 8.6's....... Get this he a best ever 60ft.. 1.29, but it was not on the 8.53 run...... So I am guessing that he will run in the 40's soon.... To run a 164mph with a car that weights 3450 lbs plus....... To me that is unbelieveable...... Tony Congratulations on your new best et and mph.....
Joe Horvith............

That car is unbelievable! I'm glad I got to see it go as they were givin him a hard time bout havin a licence. He bought it then proceded to hand everyone their ars! That thing is pissa! What a ride!

Congratulations Tony,

Please post a write up of your car.
That is the fastest v-6 stock suspension regal that I know of and the second fastest stock suspension regal period.

You Rock!!!
What have you and Job been working on???

With A/C and stereo

Congrats to Tony G. Tony still has A/C and stereo!:eek:
No wheelie bar and no chute!:eek:

Artie

I hate to ask this question.. oh the hell with it! Does anybody have a video of this pass? If so please post it and/or if you don't have anywhere to host it I'm sure we can find somebody that will!!!

TIA:) :cool:

Originally posted by 86brick
I hate to ask this question.. oh the hell with it! Does anybody have a video of this pass? If so please post it and/or if you don't have anywhere to host it I'm sure we can find somebody that will!!!

TIA:) :cool:

I'll gladly host it :)

WOW this is starting to get fun. job jr tells me to do this and to do that and the car keeps responding. If you ever get a chance to meet job sr or job jr from turbo people don't pass it up the knowlege that they have is astounding. My basic setup is a stage 2 motor with stage 2 heads sheetmetal intake cam from job 160 # injectors 88 mm turbo reworked by job and all this is controlled from a gen 7 + dfi with no y band correction the processor speed is so quick on the gen 7 the car responds so well to any changes weather it be 80 degrees or 40 degrees out its a awsome piece and job's tuning I think that speaks for itself.The rest of the car is a turbo 400 with a neil chance converter ford 9 inch rear thats about it. There is more left in the car we are still fairly conservative but the end of the year is comming reynolds ga will be interesting.

Tony

Originally posted by baadgn

job jr tells me to do this and to do that and the car keeps responding.

If you ever get a chance to meet job sr or job jr from turbo people don't pass it up the knowlege that they have is astounding.

all this is controlled from a gen 7 + dfi with no y band correction.

the processor speed is so quick on the gen 7 the car responds so well to any changes weather it be 80 degrees or 40 degrees
out

its a awsome piece

and job's tuning I think that speaks for itself.

Tony

Terrific of you to give so much credit to TurboPeople & the ACCEL DFI Gen 7+, Tony!

Totally awesome car, driving, and timeslips!

Hope you post often & help all of us slower guys!

Stay safe as you continue to get ever-quicker! :)

Originally posted by baadgn
WOW this is starting to get fun. job jr tells me to do this and to do that and the car keeps responding. If you ever get a chance to meet job sr or job jr from turbo people don't pass it up the knowlege that they have is astounding. My basic setup is a stage 2 motor with stage 2 heads sheetmetal intake cam from job 160 # injectors 88 mm turbo reworked by job and all this is controlled from a gen 7 + dfi with no y band correction the processor speed is so quick on the gen 7 the car responds so well to any changes weather it be 80 degrees or 40 degrees out its a awsome piece and job's tuning I think that speaks for itself.The rest of the car is a turbo 400 with a neil chance converter ford 9 inch rear thats about it. There is more left in the car we are still fairly conservative but the end of the year is comming reynolds ga will be interesting.

Tony

You better make it to the Bradenton event Tony!!!! We (myself, my bro, and his friend Matt) spoke with you briefly at Cal's trailer (Sunday night at the World Street Nats) and I remember hearing you say you'd be there so I'm going to hold you to that:) Sounds like the Spetter's are doing something right with your car:D

Keep it up:cool:

Originally posted by Two Lane
Terrific of you to give so much credit to TurboPeople & the ACCEL DFI Gen 7+, Tony!

Totally awesome car, driving, and timeslips!

Stay safe as you continue to get ever-quicker! :)

>>> I agree with Jim's post, especially the safe part.............now get a chute Tony..........lol.

Good to see Turbopeople took care of you.

Littlesteve and I saw him run. Just awsome to see...

Tony.... DAMN MAN. That's fast. Congrats. Listen to Job jr. he definitely knows what he is doing when it comes to DFI tuning!

I was up in NH to see the boys run, Tony G., Jack C., Paul T. are all screaming down the track.

B. Lee had the waGoN there, got to see Russ M. Run too.

Congrats to Tony, such a beautiful car too!

Mark F. 87 GN 11.9 @ 115

Tony is the man as his car is really nice. For the v-6 regals he is about the pinnacle.
I am hoping that my car will run numbers like that in 2010.
The v-6s can run hard, but after a certain HP level the blow up pretty well.
If you want pictures I can show you. Keep in mind I have owned 2 stage 2 motors.
Tony's car on kill is still 2 tenths slower than Chow's Car With a mild tune up and Chow’s motor is not breaking.
The V-6 can not compete in heads up racing unless they are given wait breaks or other help. Richie Kibler is the only person I know of that has raced and won a v-6 in heads up racing in the last 5 years!

Take that!

PS:

A Buick Vendor produced a small 91mm turbo to try and give us a little more power to play with. 2 out of the 3 people that tested the turbo blew up their stage 2 motors.
The big 91mm that they run on the v-8s makes about 200 more HP and I have yet to hear of catastrophic engine failure.

PSS:
Duttweiler was just tuning another twin turbo small block GN when my friend’s Outlaw Turbo Mustang was down there. But then again what does Duttweiler know???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.