Toni Colalillo Runs 9.27 in Eliminations

V8Assassin

100mi away ready 2 strike
Congrats Toni on a smoking pass!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

You have grown to be an incredible racer and a great friend, now it's time to share some driving secrets!!! :p:D

BTW wasn't this the fastest ever pass made during a TSM elimination round???? :confused::confused:

Sam can you please post the time slip, dieing to see another record go down!!!!

Congrats Toni on a smoking pass!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

You have grown to be an incredible racer and a great friend, now it's time to share some driving secrets!!! :p:D

BTW wasn't this the fastest ever pass made during a TSM elimination round???? :confused::confused:

Sam can you please post the time slip, dieing to see another record go down!!!!

I love the saying on the back of her car--

This is from BG2009 at the scales:biggrin:

Ty

Attachments

• BG 2009 093.jpg
    BG 2009 093.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 666
It's one of the, if not the most, moving story of our entire community! Toni and Sam, mostly Toni ;), are truly the definition of going fast with class!!!

Nice job there Toni and Sam!!! That turbo sure would go good on a certain car I know lol.

Reynolds! wow what an event.

9.274 @ 145.74 mph what an exciting way to end the TSM season!

It is people like Dick Kereny who lays down a 9.005 pass in TSM trim last year, Don Cruz who runs in the 8’s at a TSM event this year, and then backs it up with an 8.894 in TSM trim, that inspre us all to work a little harder on these cars. These guys not only race you hard but also lend a hand if you need it at the track.

I have several to thank my accomplishment:

First off is my wife. I am very fortunate to have someone who is as passionate about this as I am. I am impressed with how well she has developed as driver this year. When we got married I never imagined she would attain an NHRA Completion Drivers License. This has been exciting journey and when Austin Coil says he and John get along like a married couple I completely understand what he means.

My Friend Patrick Hall for helping me understand everything I am doing with Toni’s car. I was in so far over my head when I started building this car, and I leaned heavily on Pat’s shoulder. Pat is pretty much the Bernie Fedderly of this team. Thanks for being a great Friend and helping so much with everything. I would have never started this project with out knowing I was going to get your help.

Chris Jacobsen, who built and installed the NHRA certified roll cage into the car. Chris your dedication to getting this project completed was incredible. I could never afford to repay you for all the hours you have put into our car.

Tim Galloway, for laying down a killer paint job on a really, really, tight budget. While working 50 to 70 hours a week Tim made several trips to my shop. Then managed to get the cars body and paint looking like it does in about 10 weeks. His air brush work on the deck lid is a small example of the level of dedication he provided. Even though he has a heavy work load, every time I go to the track he is offering help to me.

Scott Kleppinger, who loaned me a small sheet metal welder for over a year. Also made several trips out to my house in the middle of nowhere and turned the Fred Flinstone mobile into a solid body with rust free floors.

My friends Tony Maez, and Mark Gantner for their help this weekend getting the car prepared for each round of eliminations.

Cottons Performance Center for having an incredible inventory, and Gerry who gets stuff sent out ASAP for me. The custom down pipe Brian Cotton made me is working great. Jack thanks for the great deal on the Moser 12 bolt, it is getting the job done.

Dan Strezo and DLS engine development for all the components that get the job done. The advice and parts I get from Dan is one of the main reasons why this engine is working so efficiently. Dan thanks for working those late hours and Sundays for me. This ET would have never happened if you didn’t work 7 days a week. I enjoy driving out to your shop because every visit gains me a little more knowledge. PS….My son Garrett asked for you not to ever take down your swing set at the shop.

Extreme Automatics for building me a killer turbo 400 that made it through this whole year’s brutal abuse.

G Body parts mostly for offering an amazing cooling system. That 3 row radiator and dual fan set up never got above 170 all weekend long!

Hartline Performance……….Cal, I know I have annoyed you to death this year, with phone calls, text messages, and emails. You are the Encyclopedia Britannica of the XFI. No one knows more about the FAST system than you do, not even the guys at comp cams. You have taught me so much. Right now I feel like I am in my first semester of engineering school and know there is allot left to learn. I can’t forget Holly for getting us all those electronic gadgets that allow us to accurately analyze the vitals.

HR Parts N Stuff for a proven suspension system that makes the car hook on dirt! Dave England and Jason White (2008 TSM champ) are the guys with the wisdom which I owe the most gratitude too. Jason I can’t believe you gave me parts off your own car to help me when I was struggling.

RJC intercooler for keeping the air intake temps low and steady, and that thing inbetween the oil pan and block holding everything togethor.

Turbo Regal Custom parts for the aerodynamic headlight covers that hang on for deer life!

On my quest to put Toni deeper into the 9’s I got stubborn at times and hurt stuff by not listening to all of you. Thank you for being patient with me, letting me learn at my own pace, and still tolerating me when my ideas did not work, and I humbly came back for more advice. You all have been a huge help in getting me the ability to achieve my personal goals. I am going to savor this ET over the winter. Man it felt great driving the car down for photos even though we were only runner up:cool:

Man, that car looks so sweet from behind... :D

LOL,

Jason I am sure you already know this. The main reason I turned the wick up on the car and gave it eveything she had was because we were racing you;) Toni said she didnt want to lose to you again this year. You are a tough competitor on the track and great Friend off the track.

Patrick and I are heading to the Dyno later today. We just want to find out how much horsepower the car is putting down at the rear wheals now that it is all sorted out.

Sam, I knew you two were gonna give it more so I went up on mine too, just a little too much and it didn't like it. We keep pushing them and finding the next thing that needs attention in the setup. Went to the local track sunday after leaving Reynolds and went a 9.23 @ 147.. I'd say I found the problem.. coulda woulda shoulda.... ya know.

Thanks for pushing me like no one else has in eliminations. Until I raced you guys I never really had to go "all out" on the tune up. Good luck next year and keep making Toni used that practice tree it's working!

Does anyone know what the fastest elimination pass was before this one?

Great job Sam your hard work is paying off.

Take care, Kip

Does anyone know what the fastest elimination pass was before this one?

Great job Sam your hard work is paying off.

Take care, Kip

Thanks for the compliment Kip.

In regards to your question,

I think it is either Dick Kereny, Jason White or Don Cruz that held the title.

It would have been in the fianls last year at Bowling Green. Not sure what Jason and Don ran in the finals, but I remember it was a close race.

I also remember Dick Kereny ran a 9.279 in 2008 at the GS nationals but I am pretty sure that was in Qualifying, if not we just eeked the title away from Dick.

Thanks for the response Sam. Maybe with all the info Scott has he can answer it exactly.

C ya at the track, Kip

Thanks for the compliment Kip.

In regards to your question,

I think it is either Dick Kereny, Jason White or Don Cruz that held the title.

It would have been in the fianls last year at Bowling Green. Not sure what Jason and Don ran in the finals, but I remember it was a close race.

I also remember Dick Kereny ran a 9.279 in 2008 at the GS nationals but I am pretty sure that was in Qualifying, if not we just eeked the title away from Dick.

I went a 9.31 last year at Reynolds in eliminations. Don't know if that was the fastest but Your's should be it now.

I went a 9.31 last year at Reynolds in eliminations. Don't know if that was the fastest but Your's should be it now.

Jason I remember that pass. It was the same day you wrapped up the TSM championship! You went 9.31 at 144.77 mph. I can’t remember who you were racing. It is captured in chapter 2 of the 2008 Reynolds DVD Scott and Nelson did.

That has got to be the second fastest pass ever made in TSM eliminations to date:biggrin:

What was the third digit pass the decimal on that ET.

Jason I remember that pass. It was the same day you wrapped up the TSM championship! You went 9.31 at 144.77 mph. I can’t remember who you were racing. It is captured in chapter 2 of the 2008 Reynolds DVD Scott and Nelson did.

That has got to be the second fastest pass ever made in TSM eliminations to date:biggrin:

What was the third digit pass the decimal on that ET.

I'm still digging around for that time slip, Heck, I watched that vid and don't know who I ran either.. must be getting old.