to those who are racing on the 16"GNX style rim,what race tires are you using??

Quick6

I have BFG DR's 255/50/16 on these rims cause thats the only DR available and I would like something better. Anyone else use these rims and have success at the track with 60 FT's???

well the shop i always get work done at...
i have the GNX lookalikes and they said that your drag radial was one of the best they make

i think though mickey thompson has a sportsman available for this rim and is a 295 or maybe a 315 width... prolly wont fit w/o spacers

i would think your tires will be great on the street and get some junkyard rims... paint them black... and put a nice slick on them for the track!

Originally posted by 87ttypeV8
well the shop i always get work done at...
i have the GNX lookalikes and they said that your drag radial was one of the best they make

i think though mickey thompson has a sportsman available for this rim and is a 295 or maybe a 315 width... prolly wont fit w/o spacers

i would think your tires will be great on the street and get some junkyard rims... paint them black... and put a nice slick on them for the track!

87T, they are great on the street, I agree. I was just looking for something more consistent at the track while still be able to use the 16"GNX wheel. I have 2 extra 16" GNX wheels and was looking for something to mount on them.

I run the Hoosier QTP and they work great. Just went to the track on Saturday and ran a 1.70 60 foot with no tire spin at all. These tires are new this year in this size. With the GTA style wheel i had to use spacers to center the tire in the wheel well.

George T

I have the Mickey Thompson street ET on mine. I wan't to try the Hoosier QTP next time around. They did not offer the 16 inch size when I was on the market.
I am not real happy with the MT's.