To the fallen

boostfreak

knock? is that good?
I know there has been a lot of focus on the Navy Seals that were lost in the chinook crash and rightly so. Those men were heroes of the highest caliber. The Seal community lost some of their brothers that day. Well, not to take anything from them, but we lost some brothers as well. I just wanted to take a minute to recognize the crew of the the CH-47

To the crew of Extortion 17, Silver Wings and God Speed.

CW2 Bryan Nichols
CW4 David Carter
SGT Patrick Hamburger
SPC Alexander Bennet
SPC Spencer Duncan

B Co 7-158th GSAB

Memorial for the crew of Extortion 17. Chinook shot down in Afghanistan - 24hourcampfire

I am waiting on word if a kid I recruited from Terre Haute is one of the seals. He was in a helicopter crash in 2009! This kid is the kind of son we all wish for. He is polite, honest, respectful and the most driven person I have ever met. I am so proud of him and what he has become. I first talked to him when he was 16 at his high school. He came up to me and told me he was going to be a seal. I have stayed in contact with him and his parents to this day and he joined the navy in 2003. (I wasnt the stereotypical recruiter) He is normally on team 8 and he is a dog handling seal. So seeing the dog and dog handler died makes me worried and to add to that his parents have had their phone disconnected since the helicopter was shot down. The thought of him being one of them bothers me. I have yet to have anything happen to any of the kids I recruited and I would like it to stay that way.

I had a two friends die on the USS Cole and unfortunately America seems to have forgot about that attack. The country we live in today is not the same country I remember as a kid!