to ic or not

Hello I was wonder if someone could help me out. I should have just bought a grand national :D if I was going to go through all of this. I have a monte carlo ss with a fuel injection system a 355 L98 with vortech heads I am in the stages a buying a turbo kit for the car from bbsdesigns.net. The turbo that I'm looking at is a Turbonetics 60-1 hi fi turbocharger it says that it could handle up to 550 hp which is what I'm looking for. However I really don't know to much about intercooling except that it helps with detenation with higher boost amounts. The highest that I would like to ever run with this car is 12 - 15 at race time would I be able to run this without a ic and if not what kind of ic should I look for and does anybody have a pic of how the ic is set up on the grandnational. thank you

Definately go with the intercooler. There is no downside except for initial price. It's a huge boost in power, in fact Spearco claims a 20% increase going from hotair to their IC kit.

As for being able to run more boost, I disagree with most people. I could run a pound or two more in hotair form without detonation. You are cooling the air more but at the same time making more cylinder pressure which almost cancels out the anti-detonation benefits of the cooler air. The real difference is you will make much more power with every psi of boost with the IC. Where the car would fall off past 17psi with the stock turbo and no intercooler, it pulled good at 19psi with the intercooler.