TNN's Trucks Turbo F-150

JeffRender

Did anyone see the Grabber blue F-150 on trucks this weekend?
I was very impressed. Single turbo 4.6 and a manual trans!
You would think the manual trans would not work well with a turbo but the host of the show Stacy David was doing some awsome burnouts through the gears.

I have been looking all around the net for more info on this truck but I cannot find anything. If anyone knows or finds something please reply to this post.

Anything with a turbo is cool to me!:cool:

Jeff

Yeah, that was awesome! Although, I only caught the tail-end of the segment. Any mention of who/what company set it up? I'll try and tape it tomorrow.... :)

You may want to take a look at www.turbomustangs.com There are a number of sponsors there that deal with the 4.6 in the 'stang that may convert to the F-150. There are also a number of members that built junk yard (JY) kits for their trucks as well. I was going to use my Turbo Engineering kit in my Bronco, but had to sell it due to a blown tranny in the T.:(

That truck also has a te-66 on it but the guy only runs 12#'s according to the show. Isn't that greatly underpowered? Or will those blocks blow under anything more?

12lbs in a V8 is NOT like 12lbs in a V6. A well tuned turbo V8 running a T66 will out-power a V6 with the same turbo running nearly twice the boost. There are a number of guys on turbomustangs.com running 12-15psi and are well in the 9s.

Yup 2 more cylinders moving the same amount of air.. Dunno bout you but 12's in a truck without slicks is dang fass. And what's the scoops with Michell Spaziano. Did they tune her down? She doesn't seem as spunky as before. I used to get a kick listening to her Italian attitude, intros to the show.

Put the bite back in the intro girl!:D

I saw the end of that segment as well and that was a pretty nice looking truck. From what I saw I think I would take that over the Lightning!