TM Intercooler Kit and Misc Pics

Turbod

Dry White Toast
I'm slowly making progress on my 84 upgrade. Should have it running soon. Still need to hook up all vacuum lines, some wiring, racegate and other misc. things.

If you take a look at the up pipe you'll notice it looks a little different. I had to add about 7/8" vertically so it would line up good with the PT54 (this turbo has to sit higher due to the taller compressor housing). There is not a lot of hood clearance left.

Check out the engine mounts, they were all bad. The drivers side was completely separated.

What do you think of the custom TS air filter at the turbo?

Let see if this works

Nice pic , that engine looks alsome you want be seeing any tail lights any time soon with that engine.

good luck

Can someone PLEASE tell me why the TM intercooler kit doesn't use mandrel bent piping? Hell even NON-Mandrel bent pipe would flow better than the fabbed and welded straight pipe! Mandrel bent sections are only a few bucks a piece. It might add $20 to the overall kit price. Why not pick up an extra couple hundred CFM??? ANYONE???

Scott - I inquired about it at the time I was buy the kit and Jay said the tubing plus bending would add $200 to the kit.

pipes

We would have liked to have gone with manderal tubing and we did call a few places for the u-bends that you use for these types of applications. But frommthe two companies that I called i was quoted 56.60 to 59.90 for one piece. The kit would require 3 of these. I probley called the wrong people for prices. We also wanted to have them built but the upfront money was more than I can afford. I have not sold anything in the past 2 months. So its really hard to buy anything like manderal tubes when you are not really sure if you will sell anymore of them. Scott the only reason is simply cost, believe it or not but I dont even figure the cost of the pipes in the kit cost because they are not the best way of doing them.
jay

These prices are from Summitracing.com This is for aluminized steel pipes. If you want stainless I can get prices there too... Then all you would need to do is cut and weld them into the shape you want...

HOK-12240 18 gauge, 2 in. diameter, 180 degree mandrel U-bend tubing ... $14.95
HOK-12260 18 gauge, 2 1/4 in. diameter, 180 degree mandrel U-bend tubing ... $15.95
HOK-12270 18 gauge, 2 1/2 in. diameter, 180 degree mandrel U-bend tubing ... $17.25
HOK-12280 18 gauge, 3 in. diameter, 180 degree mandrel U-bend tubing ... $21.95
HOK-12560 18 gauge, 1 7/8 in. diameter, 180 degree mandrel J-bend tubing ... $11.95
HOK-12570 18 gauge, 2 in. diameter, 180 degree mandrel J-bend tubing ... $11.95
HOK-12580 18 gauge, 2 1/8 in. diameter,180 degree mandrel J-bend tubing ... $13.95
HOK-12590 18 gauge, 2 1/4 in. diameter,180 degree mandrel J-bend tubing ... $14.95
HOK-12596 18 gauge, 2 3/8 in. diameter, 180 degree mandrel J-bend tubing ... $17.25
HOK-12597 18 gauge, 2 1/2 in. diameter,180 degree mandrel J-bend tubing ... $18.95

pipes

The very first 6 kits were built with steel mandrel bent plumbing. When it was steel 75% of the people siad it was much too heavy. We then looked into the aluminum (which is what those prices I stated yesterday are for) and it was too much money. As you can see when you build a "kit" its very hard to have all components that will please everyone. The kit is a starting place.....the bare bones if you will. If you ordered one you could have had it anyway that you wanted, at no time was anyone "stuck" with the parts in the kit. We also have to remember that if the costs go up very much then there would be no reason not to just covert to the 87 set-up. What we were trying to do is hit it somewhere in the middle. I really do think we have accomplished that. Dave and I have put a kit on in 8 hours. It would be hard to convert in that time atleast I think it would? Thanks for the questions and for the info.
jay