Tires

TTA1326

I just wore out my last set of Goodyear GS-C's. I know most people hate them, but I love mine. Sadly, they no longer make them. So, the Eagle F1 GS D3 is my obvious next choice, but I hear a voice from the past in my head and I have to ask.

Is anybody running Riken Raptor ZR's? I used to run these on a TPIS powered L98 IROC (Yeah, I admit it, I had one, before I started loosing races to hair dryer powered Buicks!). Anyway, the tires were cheap and I swear they were the best hooking radials I've ever seen. No, they can't even come close to a sticky DOT today, but these are true ZR rated radials. Anybody know if this is still the case? It's been 15 years or more since I had a set of them.

I absolutely love my BFG Comp TA G-Force tires but I heard they quit making those in our size too. Good Luck!

we are running the Riken Rapto's on our turbo 92 Talon TSI AWD and they are awesome. The car makes 300-325 to the wheels on AWD dyno @ 20 psi and hooks great.

Raptor ZR

Ultra High Performance Summer

Michelin North America Inc. has introduced a new line of ultra-high performance tires -- the Riken Raptor ZR.The Riken Raptor ZR tire has a directional tread design and a "waved" center rib to help channel water away from the footprint; oversized swept-back lateral rib elements for maximum grip during cornering; and rubber compounds that help the tire maintain its shape​

$78 a piece for 245/50-ZR16's at Summit
Riken 90296 - Riken Raptor ZR Performance Tires - summitracing.com

we are running the Riken Rapto's on our turbo 92 Talon TSI AWD and they are awesome. The car makes 300-325 to the wheels on AWD dyno @ 20 psi and hooks great.

Raptor ZR

Ultra High Performance Summer

Michelin North America Inc. has introduced a new line of ultra-high performance tires -- the Riken Raptor ZR.The Riken Raptor ZR tire has a directional tread design and a "waved" center rib to help channel water away from the footprint; oversized swept-back lateral rib elements for maximum grip during cornering; and rubber compounds that help the tire maintain its shape​

$78 a piece for 245/50-ZR16's at Summit
Riken 90296 - Riken Raptor ZR Performance Tires - summitracing.com
Shoot and this whole time I have been persuading my dad NOT to buy those Rikens. I thought price would give a little quality. I bought some cheap Kumho's and they suck.

Jason

Shoot and this whole time I have been persuading my dad NOT to buy those Rikens. I thought price would give a little quality. I bought some cheap Kumho's and they suck.

Jason

I'm not sure what they will do on cars like ours but like I said they seem to do very well on our AWD turbo...but then again that is 4 tires and not 2 and a good bit less torque too. We had some HP Yokohama's on it before and it would light up all 4 and now it doesn't. I would definitely consider them for daily drivers...BFG G-Force will be stickier but will cost close to double the price of the Raptors. My tire guy really likes the Raptors for what that is worth.

I'm not sure what they will do on cars like ours but like I said they seem to do very well on our AWD turbo...but then again that is 4 tires and not 2 and a good bit less torque too. We had some HP Yokohama's on it before and it would light up all 4 and now it doesn't. I would definitely consider them for daily drivers...BFG G-Force will be stickier but will cost close to double the price of the Raptors. My tire guy really likes the Raptors for what that is worth.

I think you are validating my experiences in the past. I was still getting killed by GN's, but my 340HP TPIS '88 IROC turned in killer 60' times (for a TPI) on Riken ZR's (They were not called Raptor's back then.) I tried several different tires on my car and even swapped rims with other IROC owners to try their tires. None of them could match the Rikens. We didn't have any kind of drag radial at the time that I was aware of. I think I'm going to risk trying them again.

I have the BFG G-force on my TTA. I like them very much for cornering and they are really sticky. They put the tires on the 92 GTA (stock 305) to shame. But then again, I don't track the TTA and don't have the boost past stock either. Highly recommended if you can get them.

I have the BFG G-force on my TTA. I like them very much for cornering and they are really sticky. They put the tires on the 92 GTA (stock 305) to shame. But then again, I don't track the TTA and don't have the boost past stock either. Highly recommended if you can get them.

BFG quit selling those too! Thats what I have on the front of my TTA and love them.

Jason