tire size

stock84GN

I have 87 OE wheels just want to kno what is the widest tire i can fit out back on my grand national i hear 245/60/15 no problem but can i go 255/60/15 ? if you have pics post them up would love to see them. Thanks

I have

I have 255/60, but if I were to do it over again, I would go with 235's all the way around.

why would you do 235 all around ? i wanted to put 225 frt and 245 out back but was not sut if they would rub inside.

I have 235/60's up front and 255/60's on the rear. I have had them for 50 thousand miles and when I replace them I will go with the exact same setup. I like the look of the wider tire out back. Also, the rear tire is about 1 inch taller than the front, and I like the subtle rake it gives. It gives the illusion of a lowered front end.

yes i love the look also but just don't no how it will look on my GN with them wheels you have pics dude post them or send some over e-mail need to see that bad boy! pm sent with e-mail addy
I have 235/60's up front and 255/60's on the rear. I have had them for 50 thousand miles and when I replace them I will go with the exact same setup. I like the look of the wider tire out back. Also, the rear tire is about 1 inch taller than the front, and I like the subtle rake it gives. It gives the illusion of a lowered front end.

you guys saying what size you have is great but some pics of the stance it has would be great. :wink:

I Had 235s all around, very nice look and ride. Just watch it for bumps/dips up front. I mest up a few sets that way. I would go with 235's front , 245's rear myself but if 255's work, no issue why not.

I would recommend 275/60R15s on the rear and 235/60R15s for the front. It has a nice stance and here are pics of my car with this combo.

The lower right is with 275/50R15's on the rear and same front as other pics. The 50's look a little lost in the height department and only 26" tall verses the 60's are 28" tall. A much better choice for tire height for our cars.

Mike

Attachments

• Sahara Turbo left.jpg
    Sahara Turbo left.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 427
  • Sahara Turbo front left.jpg
    Sahara Turbo front left.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 426
  • Sahara Turbo Rear.jpg
    Sahara Turbo Rear.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 431
  • Star T right side.jpg
    Star T right side.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 420
I would recommend 275/60R15s on the rear and 235/60R15s for the front. It has a nice stance and here are pics of my car with this combo.

The lower right is with 275/50R15's on the rear and same front as other pics. The 50's look a little lost in the height department and only 26" tall verses the 60's are 28" tall. A much better choice for tire height for our cars.

Mike

hello people; Good looking car Beamer and that's what I call my neice but how about some pics of the GS. I like all cars so if you don't mind.
IBBY

This is why

why would you do 235 all around ? i wanted to put 225 frt and 245 out back but was not sut if they would rub inside.

Well, mine rub on big bumps (Maine the roads are crap) and 235 and the stock 215 are very close in height (26" vs 26.1") but 255 are 27". This is the same as putting 3.29s in the rear, not to mention they are heavier. When you go from the 215 to 235, you gain about .75" in width (8.46" vs 9.25"), which is noticable. 255 are .75" wider again at 10".

The big one for me is the loss off the line feel, but I do have a stock car, and more mods might make it feel a lot less.

Here you go... Same size tires on the GS Suncoupe, front and rear. Just different offset wheels. It is funny how many parts are interchangable between these two cars. Front and rear shocks are the same.

I also just realized that you are running stock wheels which are 7" wide. You really need an 8" rim for the 275/60R15 tire.

Enjoy,
Mike

Attachments

• Buicks 2.jpg
    Buicks 2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 382
  • Buicks Rear.jpg
    Buicks Rear.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 395
Here you go... Same size tires on the GS Suncoupe, front and rear. Just different offset wheels. It is funny how many parts are interchangable between these two cars. Front and rear shocks are the same.

I also just realized that you are running stock wheels which are 7" wide. You really need an 8" rim for the 275/60R15 tire.

Enjoy,
Mike

hello people; Nice cars. Just for the fun of it. I was told the GS rims fit the TB. Maybe if you have some time you might give it a shot.
Have fun, great cars.
IBBY

hello people; Nice cars. Just for the fun of it. I was told the GS rims fit the TB. Maybe if you have some time you might give it a shot.
Have fun, great cars.
IBBY

I know that the slicks I use on my T will not fit inside my GS. The offset is not enough and they push out so the wheel well lip comes down on them.

Mike

i agree with you don't want to go to tall you end up killing the car down low but looks killer on the car for sure. I think i want to put 225/60 front and 245/60 in the back. Now with a 245/60 in the back they won't hang out the wheel lip will they ? this is what i want to avoid.
Well, mine rub on big bumps (Maine the roads are crap) and 235 and the stock 215 are very close in height (26" vs 26.1") but 255 are 27". This is the same as putting 3.29s in the rear, not to mention they are heavier. When you go from the 215 to 235, you gain about .75" in width (8.46" vs 9.25"), which is noticable. 255 are .75" wider again at 10".

The big one for me is the loss off the line feel, but I do have a stock car, and more mods might make it feel a lot less.

love the stance that your car has .

Mike