tire size

terryjh6

hello all.. i was looking for a new set of back tires and would like some input on size and manufacturer. i'm running stock 86 wheels and size 215 60 15 i'm leaning to bfg drag t/a's 255 60 15 . is this a good choice? will the size look good on the car? should i go smaller or bigger? any input is welcome.. thanks Terry :)

255/60 would be a good size for you.. Mickey Thompson makes a 255/60 now so keep that in mind.

so 275/50's will fit my stock 86' wheel with no rubbing? if so, i like it fat in the back also!! ;)

No, I didn't say that. The 275-60-15 MT street will fit, but for some reason, the 50 series is an inch wider, and would need something to fit maybe? Never tried the 50series.

Yep..do your homework. I've got a set of BFG Drags 275-50s, put them on Weld draglites. Frame rub city. could not even mount them. Maybe my backspacing is all wrong for this setup, but I don't want to have to replace the draglites just to run the D-Rs. I'd be interested in trading these for something a little smaller, if anyone might have something.

275/50's usually rub on GN wheels. With T-type wheels, they will work better, but you'll likely still get a little rub. Nitto tires might not rub as much, because they are smaller than everyone elses tires.

275/60's are slightly narrower and should only rub around turns. Nitto 275/60's may not rub at all. because they are smaller.

the 255/60 is a great size and should not rub at all on stock wheels.

BFG DRs 275/50s on stock T rims rubbed the frame on my car. I don't want the 275/60s, I think they are too tall for me at this point. I like the look of the 255/60s and they are 27" so that splits the difference. Anyone have that size mounted on stock T rims? Pics would be helpfull too. Thanks.