Tin Man Cold Air Fitment Question

MIKESGN

i just received my tin man cold air kit and tried installing today with no luck
i am trying to install before the car show tomorow and the tin man is closed on weekends
my car has the lt1 mass air sensor with the kirban 3 inch alum pipe

for the fit to be right it is app 3 to 4 inches too short ,with the stock mass air it might fit but not sure
see attached picture to see what i am talking about
what do you think?
002.jpg

your MAF pipe is too short. Might need to check into another version or see what "Tin Man" recommends - I dont think you want to rig it up for the show... just put your K&N on and wait til monday. JMHO

tin man 4" CAI

I've got one too and am real happy with it........it fit just fine with my 3" MAF pipe and bought a 3.5" MAF pipe and fits perfectly also. If yours is too short, in my opinion you have three options...1) buy a new MAF pipe which is several inches longer, (measure the amount you need longer and confirm with your vendor it meets your dimensional reqm't before you buy, or 2) install a short length of 3" aluminum / steel tubing to fit between or 3) you could install a longer piece of 3" silicone hose to fit the difference...you can buy a 2' piece and cut to suit from siliconeintakes.com or other vendors

Good Luck
Dave

find a local place that repairs dieslel trucks- they should be able to hook you up with what you need. if you can drive the car there, it would make it that much easier to figure out what you need.

Tinman kit install questions

MIke,
The TinMan cold-air kits are guaranteed to fit. They will work with 95% of the aftermarket MAF pipes( or hose to the turbo) on the market.
However, Kirbans MAF pipe is a bit shorter than most . You could try pulling the TinMan kit further up into the engine bay a bit,(an inch or so) once all clamps are tight. Then swing the rubber reducer around to meet the MAF sensor. If this still isn't enough, make sure you've got the space between both the Cold-air kit elbows and the MAF pipe ends to MAF sensor & turbo , spead out as far as possible while still making a good connection. This will normally do it. Take your time, using a couple drops of liquid dishsoap to help slide and rotate rubber ends to get that "perfect alignment".
In the rare case this doesn't pan out, as Dave mentioned, you can get a couple longer rubber couplings for the MAF pipe or call and we'll send you a longer rubber coupling to go between the 2 cold-air kit elbows.
If you call after business hours, leave a message. Your call will be promptly returned on the next buisness day. Or Email at..tylkometal@prodigy.net

Al
TinMan Performance Products
ph-586-939-2410