Timing off on aftermarket crank!!!

boostmaster

I've been having knock issues so after checking everything else I decided check and see if my actual timing was off. Used the piston stop method and discovered that my aftermarket crank is about 10* retarded from the stock crank. No it's not the balancer as I am using the stock hub. Is this normal for aftermarket cranks?

there was another thread about this just recently. not sure what the fella found. it's around here somewhere. search key way or keyway it might pop up. only about 3-4 weeks old.

I have seen them off more times then I have seen them correct. They are usually off 1-4 degrees. I haven't seen one off by 10. If your running an aftermarket computer just change the Crank Referance Angle

Ho Chi Min probably uses "metric degrees"........:eek:

Well that's actually based on the numbers on the timing mark. Stock computer so I guess the cover has to come back off and dial the cam in also. That's what happens when you rush and take short cuts. It only takes one time to get bit in the arse and I guess this is my one time. :eek::mad:
Repositioned the crank pick up on the hub to the new timing mark. Readjusted the cams sensor, no knock but runs like arse!!