timing chain for roller cam from fullthrottle

nickygn

I have searched and have not come with an answer i'm sure enough to choose one. I know most questions here are beat to death but if I'm not sure I'll always ask for another opinion. better safe than sorry.

I think ta performance is making a billet set also. ................

TA now has a new street performance timing set that has billet gears and a special link chain that can be used with a stock tensioner. The cam gear has multiple keyways to allow the cam to be precisely degreed.

Most all double roller sets, except Rollmaster, have cast cam gears that wear quickly as compared to steel billet gears. Cam gear wear will cause the chain to be loose.

timing chain and gears

This may be the chain and gears referred to a few posts back, sounds interesting and worth a try since the comp chain with cast gears suck (3129)

TA now has a new street performance timing set that has billet gears and a special link chain that can be used with a stock tensioner. The cam gear has multiple keyways to allow the cam to be precisely degreed.

Most all double roller sets, except Rollmaster, have cast cam gears that wear quickly as compared to steel billet gears. Cam gear wear will cause the chain to be loose.

Nick - i heard about this set from a local club member recently.... sounds VERY interesting... have a link to more info, specs, pics? is it up on your site yet?

TIA
aaron

I just read about that set-up, looks nice as does most of what they sell.

i thought the NEW one was a billet SINGLE roller which could use the tensioner.... :confused: .... maybe Nick can clear it up

I will def. leave that for Nick. I was just posting what TA had listed, and don't remember that one being there before, but could be wrong.

:frown:Anyone who buys one of these timming chain sets need to check for cracks in the links where they are staked at the link pins. I had three areas on my new odd fire chain where they were split. If you look at the pic of the part number ta v1522a at three oclock you can see the damage link in the pic on this page.I feel i should give warning about this as i would hate for someone to loose there engine over a broken chain.

I've used both Rollmaster and more recently ProGear with great success. Check with Dan @ DLS for the ProGear.

K.