Timing ajustments tips?

Texas gn

I have had the car for several years now and have a fairly good understanding on how it is acting. I am starting feel like it is time to start making some timing adjustments which I have never been comfortable doing in the past (car is set to default settings other than fuel “146”). Now that I have the tools to monitor the engine, is there a recommended starting point or recipe I should follow?

Ok...imo I would get Eric to burn a new chip where your fueling is reburned that's a lot of correction. Once that's done then I add a few timing to first and second which make it more explosive out the hole. And maybe a degree or so in third and forth. Keep a eye out for KR tho!!!

Ok...imo I would get Eric to burn a new chip where your fueling is reburned that's a lot of correction. Once that's done then I add a few timing to first and second which make it more explosive out the hole. And maybe a degree or so in third and forth. Keep a eye out for KR tho!!!
I will check into that with Eric. Then I will start with 2 degrees in first and second and go from there. .... if things look ok start bumping up 3rd and 4th. and so on so forth.

FWIW your not going to be able to add a bunch of timing and get a "OMG this is crazy faster "moment. The chip is pretty close so keep that in mind 1-2 timing will help. Boost will make more power. Know that you are flirting with pandoras box LOL

Yea...i know. I am a member of the "Head Gasket Club " . That was no fun. But i did get a cam and ported head upgrade out of it!

That 204-214 cam loves rpm, I've had mine up around 6,000 and it screams at that rpm, no laying over and felt exceptionally strong. Normally i shift at 5,500 and tried it when racing someone and now I am a believer. Keep your timing adjustments conservative on pump gas alky and let the boost and rpm bring the power.

Regards,
Shev