Times of stock GN, what year did they get beat and by what?

What do you mean?? In 86 and 87 they were king.. Nuttin could touch em.. Nuttin was faster till a few years later.. Maybe the newer Mustangs or later vettes?? Id say the first car that kicked its butt was the 90 ZR1..

I guess thats what I mean, at what point (year and car) did the 87 GN/TR become unseated as fastest American made production car even though as we all know they stopped making them in '87 Drew

1990 Corvette ZR1 like mentioned above...

ran 12's I think??? all I know is that the GN was never touched in the 80's period. they ran high 13's stock and the GNX ran 13.3

just imagine if the rumor about the twin turbo 4.5L V6 2003 GN concept car was true...it would definitely dethrone the Viper for america's fastest car title

I think the 89 TTA may qualify...then the ZR1....then nothing until LS1's

With most GN's having some type of modifications would you guys say that it still would beat most street cars?

Originally posted by azgn
I think the 89 TTA may qualify...then the ZR1....then nothing until LS1's

The 96 LT1 SS camaro was magazine tested in the mid 13's at 106 mph. The car may have been a "ringer", but a lot of different magazines got similar results. Most 6 speed vettes from '92 up could match a bone stock GN in the 1/4 mile, but that's comparing a sports car that costs double what a GN cost.