Time to upgrade the hot air

DMAC

Eng Comp 1 Before.jpg
Grand National 011.jpg
Grand National 013.jpg

Eng Comp 1 Before.jpgGrand National 011.jpgGrand National 013.jpg
I am going to be posting progress on updates on the GN , after several months of reading and speaking with other hot air owners I am going to follow in the footsteps of Mark Green and add the 87 intake and stock IC and run 87 turbos but will keeping the turbo mounted in the back like the hot air cars.

Last week the 87 ECM , Ign modular and coil pack were changed over. Also changed out the walbro for a DW E 85 fuel pump.

Currently removing the stock radiatior and replacing with an all alum F body radiatior and ford tarus two speed electric fan

VERY NICE KEITH !!

How do you like the performace since your upgrades?

i like it but still have a few mods to do and get trans fixed. but when it gets to 15 psi of boost it pulls really hard

Keith
You do very good work and your engine looks sweet , This is in my opinion the of the best set ups for peformace grades we can make to these Hot Air cars . Are you located in Norther or Southern part of LA?

thanks i am in lafayette area, i am in the process of collecting the parts to do the complete conversion to 87 set up, I have done all the work myself , if you have any questions just give me a call, I will send you my number in a PM . i will be sell of alot of parts from the hot air set up . i have ported intake, ported throttle body with everything on it braket, IAC , TPS, billet vacuum pod. and many other small parts.

: - )) Well, Chuck, it works! Alky injection coming soon!
Maybe next year @ GSCA Nats?
Mark

Just drill a 1" hole in the web below the turbo, it is thin there,
put a stock oil drain grommet in the hole and the oil goes
into the lifter valley, the same as the 84/85 intake.

I would guess not to use valley pan intake gasket? Can stock turbo mount with modifation be used to mount 87 turbo ? Fuel rail off 87 and adapted fittings? Starting to gather parts for this project needs to be done for spring. Thanks fo any advice.

The intake valley cover/gasket does not block oil flow back into the
lifter galley. It is not a tight fit & as I remember it has drain holes in it too.
Take the bracket off the HA turbo and bolt it onto your new turbo, use the stock
84/85 mounting braket that bolts to the intake, no mod required. E mail sent.

i used my valley pan gasket , but i had to drill a hole where the PCV valve was , without drilling the hole the valve was hitting the gasket, and it may depend on where you drill the hole for the turbo drain and that you might now have to. just a heads up mock it up before sealing and bolting the intake

again thanks guys for info. just spending a little time for research.this is going to be fun project. really makes for nice looking engine compartment. still wonder about upper plenum. can the accufab be used without modifying it. keith could you send me phone# in a pm would really like to pick your brain alittle more. thanks guys

i have a question for my fellow hot air bros, what do you all think of the V2 setup? its pretty much the same intake manifold as a 84/85 but the upper half is molded with the upper from an 86-87 at an angle to avoid relocating the alternator, i have that setup but i havent started pulling apart my manifold, its hell and a half getting to all the nuts and bolts hiding everywhere in that compartment, im also upgrading my headers but the ones i bought last year are for an 86-87, so i need to do some bending and welding to make it work, i picked up that set brand new stainless steel for $175....came with gaskets crossoverpipe and all the hardware.