Time to go big

Congrats Eric!!! Man that's flyin', looks like that converts to an 11.10 in the quarter around 117-120 mph. Dude you ,ight be the first Hot Air to run in the 10's with pump gas and alky. All you need is to get yourself a 6.90 and you're there. Either way that's moving.

Good Job, Pete

Bye the way are you still using a single nozzle set up?

Thanks Gary, from what I've seen the intercooled group doesn't have anything to worry about. There are a lot quicker than me. Just nice seeing a dream come true.

That youngin is flyn............

Glad to see your finally happy with the car.

Feels great to make them personal goals don't it !:D

Congrats Eric on that "Wicked Hot Air"... I think you have eclipsed the "Imfamous Lee Thompson" with a 4.1 (And Ms. Jamie did it with 3.8) . I could be wrong but I believe he got down in the 11.2-11.3 with stock 4.1 before he went to Stage 1 bottom end. I admire you and Jamie for taking DIFFERENT paths to fast HOT AIRS. I got a feeling John Bruce and that TURBO FARM group will be joining the FAST HOT AIR group soon... Ooops, I almost forgot BRENT... It is always good to seen you guys keep the HOT AIR name alive:):eek::cool:.

Thanks Chuck, it's been quite a journey getting the car the way it is. I spent a lot of time with Jamie and Karl at BG this year. She has a super nice and quick car. There's a lot of hard work, time and money in her car and they deserve being the quickest. I haven't met Lee yet, but he paved the way for us and deserves a lot of respect for that.

Everyone you mentoned reserves repect for staying hot air and making it happen.

I'm going to punch the car briefly into the 10's (6's in the 1/8th) just to say I've done it and then ease back on it. I want this combo to last a long time.

The only real magic in my car are all the people that have helped me. For that I'm thankful and blessed.

everybody was kung foo fighting.. he was fast as lighting............

The real magic is wax on and wax off...........

Godzilla (big hot air breathing monster) knows Karate, not Kung Fu. As we all know, Jamie is the wax on and off champion. That’s her magic J

Thanks Chuck, it's been quite a journey getting the car the way it is. I spent a lot of time with Jamie and Karl at BG this year. She has a super nice and quick car. There's a lot of hard work, time and money in her car and they deserve being the quickest. I haven't met Lee yet, but he paved the way for us and deserves a lot of respect for that.

Everyone you mentoned reserves repect for staying hot air and making it happen.

I'm going to punch the car briefly into the 10's (6's in the 1/8th) just to say I've done it and then ease back on it. I want this combo to last a long time.

The only real magic in my car are all the people that have helped me. For that I'm thankful and blessed.

Eric,
Many years ago, I saw some pictures of HA cars. This was in the “post your HA pics” thread . . . I was inspired by pictures posted by ESinger. For some reason, the pics of that car stuck in my mind. It than that I decided to build a clean looking HA. Almost there . . . about $12K short. :eek: Now I read this “time to go big” thread . . . . and while my un-tuned HA junk is complete to meet my 13 second goal, I can’t help to think . . LOL .

So here is to you my friend . . . . . you have proven along with those before your build that it can be done. You have openly shared information and specs about the build. Yes, you are blessed to have talented people on the build Team . . . . . but the possibilities with a relatively simple combo have been proven again.
Guess it is true . . . “If you build it, they will come”. Thanks for the inspiration and CONGRATS to you and your Team!

Thank you for all the kind words Jerryl. There’s nothing beyond a basic strong build to my motor and parts that can be still bought. The Lee Thompson exhaust system is a rarer find, however GBody parts seems to have that covered somewhat. The champion intake could be substituted for my custom intake and a TA-63 turbo can be bought and modified to fit a hot air.

I respect anyone that doesn’t want to share their build and have no feelings positive or negative in those regards. I’m not a very competitive person, just enjoy succeeding and seeing others do the same. If any of this inspires then that makes me happy.

Eric

I keep telling you that car has an easy 10 in it. Great job!

Thanks Jamie, I’m pretty sure it has 10s in it too and I’ll take it there at least once. Like I told you in BG, if I start running under 7 seconds in the 1/8th mile I’ll be in trouble at my local track for not having a rollcage. I’ll happily run low 7’s.

Jerryl mentioned how nice my car looked, but your car is in a different league. It’s show and go extreme! There’s a local guy named Jim Anson (V6power) that’s a kindred spirit to yours. He’s always cleaning his car and then beats the dog chit out of it at the track. I’d be a challenge to find anything dirty on yours or his cars.

Eric

I'm not sure how much more show quality it has left in it, it does have some war wounds from taking it to the track and beating on it but it's what it was built for. As far as how much time I spend cleaning it I think it's a really fast show car... What of it?

Chuck you always have the most positive posts. Eric's car does have a great clean look to it as well and I'm sure it's never dirty for very long.