Time Slips

Scott Adcock

Found all the time slips I've made on the car over the years - quite a pile but I don't know the exact count.

Found the latest ones with the best run, less Nitrous at 15.930 / 85mph. With the NHRA altitude factor of .9250 for ET and 1.0801 for MPH, it works out to a 14.73 / 92mph. Not too shabby for CT car.

With the laughing gas applied, it goes mid to low 14's at about 94mph. Corrected, that's 13.40 / 101mph. Has this caught the stock intercooled cars yet, LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_0479.jpg
    IMG_0479.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 178
Found all the time slips I've made on the car over the years - quite a pile but I don't know the exact count.

Found the latest ones with the best run, less Nitrous at 15.930 / 85mph. With the NHRA altitude factor of .9250 for ET and 1.0801 for MPH, it works out to a 14.73 / 92mph. Not too shabby for CT car.

With the laughing gas applied, it goes mid to low 14's at about 94mph. Corrected, that's 13.40 / 101mph. Has this caught the stock intercooled cars yet, LOL.

IMHO, I say you did, congradulations!! with these engines ive learned theres always room for improvement

Whats all done to the motor on your car and what boost?

I was going to run my car on the test track and get an estimation but the ignition failed so I never got it home. Ive gotta get a rear gear and shift kit put in first.

Sorry to hear about the ignition issue - I fought a similar issue last fall when I reassembled the engine - turned out to be the 4-pin connector for the ESC unit - the black wire was broken from all the handling. I repaired the wire and, bam, started right up. I also had an issue with the soldered tabs for the HEI coil once as well - wire came loose on the road, quit running and wouldn't start.

The engine has been built with '79 up heads, 1.77 / 1.50 valves. Forged pistons, KB '84/'85 headers, worked Q-jet, blocked off water inlet to the plenum.
Cam is a TRW grind from way back .448 / .472 lift Duration @050 = 204 / 214

#16-#17 lbs of boost
KB cold air intake kit
3:42 rear
10" convertor - I tried to dig up the specs on this, but don't recall - I think it stalls around 2,800
Air bag in the passenger side spring

My notes says I left between #4 -#7lbs

and lots and lots of runs....

Sorry to hear about the ignition issue - I fought a similar issue last fall when I reassembled the engine - turned out to be the 4-pin connector for the ESC unit - the black wire was broken from all the handling. I repaired the wire and, bam, started right up. I also had an issue with the soldered tabs for the HEI coil once as well - wire came loose on the road, quit running and wouldn't start.

The engine has been built with '79 up heads, 1.77 / 1.50 valves. Forged pistons, KB '84/'85 headers, worked Q-jet, blocked off water inlet to the plenum.
Cam is a TRW grind from way back .448 / .472 lift Duration @050 = 204 / 214

#16-#17 lbs of boost
KB cold air intake kit
3:42 rear
10" convertor - I tried to dig up the specs on this, but don't recall - I think it stalls around 2,800
Air bag in the passenger side spring

My notes says I left between #4 -#7lbs

and lots and lots of runs....

Cam and ect sound like mine Scott.:biggrin: There will be a few differences like a bigger turbo and some suspension mods to help traction though:rolleyes:

The only thing I'm wondering is what time was the 60'.:confused:

Cam and ect sound like mine Scott.:biggrin: There will be a few differences like a bigger turbo and some suspension mods to help traction though:rolleyes:

The only thing I'm wondering is what time was the 60'.:confused:

i can wait to see what mine can do at the track. all i have to do is get there.:tongue: i hope the 301 with 20pounds and alot of nitrous does the trick.

scott when are you going to run it with nitrous?

charlief1, 60' times are 2.3's without Nitrous shot and 2.1's with.

Mat, I run at Bandimere Speedway in Denver, CO.

I can clearly see that cooler air temps with lower humidity yields the best time slips and can see how important it is to cool the intake charge.

After I posted I saw the 60' Scott. You need some work there and you should pick up some serious time.

Charlie,

I think I am still spinning the tires a bit at launch, even with the Hoosiers I was running. Still, I am also at 6,000ft altitude, so I've got to think that will have some impact as well, but I certainly would like to be below 2.0 '60.

What times are you currently running?