Time for a rebuild?

mrgriftmore

I'm having a problem with WOT shifts. When I go into full boost the trans wont shift unless I get off the throttle a bit, and before getting off it she makes a noise almost when you have a bad coil or module. I think it's slipage.
Regular driving it seems to shift fine. Trans has 132k and I doubt it's ever been rebuilt? It does this, by the way from any gear upshift be it dead stop or 50mph. any thoughts Thanks Sal

Sounds too FAMILIAR...

Dam...have the very same problem! at a dead stop i can punch it and it'd act all happy...but once at higher gear/3rd theres was always a bit of a stutter and miss...A LOT like a coil pack/module miss. Dropped the pan and third gear was laying in there in PIECES!
At first i thought it was simply bad grounds and ordered a kit from postons (mechanic had handed the shreaded grounds to me after the first rebuild and winced).
Drop the pan after looking at the fliud color and smell for burning. better safe than sorry. HTH:eek:

Sounds like direct clutch pack are getting tired, Give us a call we can get you hooked up or take care of any questions you might have.

Century Transmission 281-633-8155 or toll free at (866) 869-8120