Tilt steering column rebuild

Does any one know how to rebuild the steering column on my 85 GN. The main tilt section kinda flops around. If you grab a hold of the steering wheel you can move it up/down side to side by about an inch. Really starting to bug me. Any ideas would be helpfull:)

It's a pain the fix. But can be done. You will need to remove the wheel and turn signal, and proceed toward the pivot. There is a pin that will need to be removed and that takes a puller. After that, remove the bolts and put some loc-tite on the threads and reassemble. It will take about 2 hours to fix.

There's a write up here or on gnttype.org. I will try to find it. After I broke my SnapOn pivot pin puller, I realized that I could push the pins out with and old thin-bladed screwdriver. It's not hard, just time consuming. You will forever remember the snap-ring holding the cam assembly to the steering shaft.

fun, fun, fun.

Off to find you a write up....

You can buy a cheap tool (Performance Tools ??) to depress the steering wheel lock ring to remove the @#&* snap ring. The pins are threaded 10/32,I think.Use a little penetrating oil and lightly tap with a hammer to loosen.Reinstall the loose screws that hold the mounting with loctite as mentioned. Lots of little parts makes it a bit tedious but not a hard job