Ticking noise in Trans

Blue87T

I just put a new front pump and valve body kit in ( both from a respected vendor and I dont think its these parts causing the problem). I now have a ticking noise in all gears after it gets hot EXCEPT manual 1 and manual 2. At that point the noise is completely gone. The ticking doesnt speed up or get louder with speed . It seems to stay at a consistent pace/frequency. Car shifts great and runs better than it ever did. Fluid level is fine.

Any ideas ? Would it be from something that is applied in 1/2 that would lock it to keep the part from spinning and thus eliminating the noise? The noise comes from the front of the trans.

Thanks.

With the noise staying at constant pitch, sound level, and speed I would tend to thik its not something internal of the trans. It may well be on of those noises you are going to have someone listen to and locate. You may try raising the rear wheels and run the car up to see if the noise is there when not actually moving.
Let us know what you find.

Mark

It does it with the wheels off the ground. It also does it in park . It's just odd that it goes away as soon as I move it into D1 or D2. I guess I will take it back out and decide from there.