Tial 38mm not fitting ATR pipe

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
I have an old ATR pipe that has the external ATR gate installed. Got a great deal on a new TIAL 38 mm from a member on here. It doesn't seem to line up correctly. I am sure I could use some undersized through bolts but....
From the way everyone talked this was a simple direct swap. Is this the norm with this swap?
dc60547f1d439d991defbdc21dacb8bf.jpg
a05c780edac34012d89cc9b0a4ff5794.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine fit fine. My ATR pipe is from 1997. I didn't have any issues with the bolts lining up with the Tial 38. It fit good. Not as good as the ATR gate fit but it was a good fit overall.

Mine fit fine. My ATR pipe is from 1997. I didn't have any issues with the bolts lining up with the Tial 38. It fit good. Not as good as the ATR gate fit but it was a good fit overall.

Hmmm,
I'm not sure when my ATR pipe was built but I am guessing early 90's and the ATR gate bolts up perfectly

yea the ATR gate fit like a glove. I do remember it did not fit as good as the ATR. I used some small gaskets too.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Curious what others have done. I am thinking about cutting the pipe and re welding or just putting the old ATR gate back on....
It works fine just like the looks of the newer polished Tial