THS Rule Question, gas Tank

Detomaso71

Hi Kip

I had a quick question on the fuel section of the rules.
I put a fuel cell in my car for safety, its a big cell so I can drive longer distances.
The rules dont say a stock tank is required actually. In fact this area is pretty loose.
I know many guys added a cell and left stock tank on as they were told you meant to imply it was required.

so can we clarify?
I know a cell can be added but if so does the stock fuel tank have to be left on?
Id rather remove mine but want to clarify first

thanks
clay

THS Fuel tank

Seems clear.

The rule:

10. Factory stock fuel tank with a sump addition is allowed.

Are we really going back down this road? It was entertaining 3 months ago. Not so much now.

Hi Kip

so can we clarify?
I know a cell can be added but if so does the stock fuel tank have to be left on?

thanks
clay

Clay, thanks for asking, better to have it covered now than on race day. The rule is intended for all cars to have a gas tank in the factory location. I went back and reread the rule and can see how the wording of adding a sump kinda clouds the intent. I will fix the wording next year.

Thanks again, Kip

Clay, thanks for asking, better to have it covered now than on race day. The rule is intended for all cars to have a gas tank in the factory location. I went back and reread the rule and can see how the wording of adding a sump kinda clouds the intent. I will fix the wording next year.

Thanks again, Kip

Thanks Kip.
I will leave my stock tank on the car.

Clay